Menu for ip.content? Pages?

Stonki

Hello,

since the migration from 3.4.x to 4.x I am still facing a problem with a good integration of the pages. I would love to see a menu on the left side with all the content pages, while actually the content should be displayed on the right. Please have a look here: http://www.deutsche-in-london.net/forum/index.html/.

How do I build a site structure menu?

Thanks

I am not sure I understand the questions. You show categories of a Pages database on the linked page. You can certainly have that in the sidebar and show the records at the same time. Is that what you are asking about?

Or are you asking about actual pages, not database records, for which indeed no menu widget exists?

First, make sure you are using a Page Builder page, not a manual page. Start over again with a Page Builder page if necessary. 

Then just drag the Database widget in the main area, and move the Categories widgets in the sidebar. That will basically get you the desired 3.4 look. 

Note that the position of the sidebar is a global setting, no a per-page setting. So your categories will be on the right side by default, unless you always show the sidebar left. 

Another option would be to use a page with two columns and put the category widget in the left column and the database widget in the right column. Probably doesn’t look to good, but I mention it for the sake of completeness. 

Archived