Add posts with external URLs in approval queue

Janyour

Hello, we tried the IPS tool to filter urls and send posts with external url to be approved first but its not working for us :(

Is this configuratino right ? All posts with urls are sent to validation even internal posts with attached images for example (attached in the website)

URLS filters.jpg

Hi Nathan, i didnt test it my self, our members when add files to their posts i receive notification to approve their content, those files are attached locally (website.com) and shouldnt be placed in moderation queue! or i missed some thing ?

"All posts with urls are sent to validation" implies that the filtering isn't working for the urls that you've put in (which is correct, if you test it under an admin account as they are exempt from that functionality) hence why I posted the above. Simplify your testing - post a proper url, confirm if "All posts with urls are sent to validation" is actually true.

Re: attachments - I've just tested on my localhost...added an attachment, clicked it to embed it in the post, posted it...filtered. Take the resulting url for the attachment, paste it in to a topic and submit - not filtered. So there is an issue there - log it as a support ticket to raise a bug (please include reproduction steps, or direct them to this topic)

Steps to reproduce (I'm using localhost)

1. Set up filtering to allow urls only from domain.
  2. Create a topic, not using an admin account, and put in a url for your domain.
  3. Submit. Result: not filtered.
  4. Create a topic, not using an admin account, and put in a url for an external domain.
  5. Submit. Result: filtered.
  6. Create a topic, not using an admin account, and add an attachment.
  7. Submit. Result: filtered.

Number 7 should not happen - the attachment is local to the site. Not sure how this will behave if using a remote CDN, but all the above is done locally on localhost.

Thanks Nathan, i just tested it with some members (not admins), posts with external url are filtered (Perfect), attached files are also filtered !

i tested many urls, with https, with http, with www, /*, *.website.com,

no way, attached files are filtered, i think this tool contain a bug. any one can confirm ?

Archived