Category Menu Type

rngrdanny22

Good afternoon,

I've been working on my site all day, but one thing has me stuck. When creating my main menu, I'm looking to somewhat bypass the board's main index and use the several categories as menu items on the main navigation. For example, I want the main menu to say: Home, Category 1, Category 2, Category 3, ..., and so on.

Since "Forum Category" is not a menu type option, I'm stuck with having to use external links to the category itself. The mostly works, but the menu item does not stay highlighted in the main navigation when you visit the page. This also causes any submenus to not appear until you hover over the menu item.

Is there a modification that supports what I'm trying to accomplish? Is this something that may be added in the future?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, rngrdanny22 said:

Good afternoon,

I've been working on my site all day, but one thing has me stuck. When creating my main menu, I'm looking to somewhat bypass the board's main index and use the several categories as menu items on the main navigation. For example, I want the main menu to say: Home, Category 1, Category 2, Category 3, ..., and so on.

Since "Forum Category" is not a menu type option, I'm stuck with having to use external links to the category itself. The mostly works, but the menu item does not stay highlighted in the main navigation when you visit the page. This also causes any submenus to not appear until you hover over the menu item.

Is there a modification that supports what I'm trying to accomplish? Is this something that may be added in the future?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

No.  Join the other IPS clients who have been complaining about this issue since the Menu Manager came out :)  

If you add external links (which is the only way to link to your categories), then it won't highlight.  My workaround was to therefore turn ALL menu links into an external link.  

You can check out CJ Menu by @CodingJungle 

Archived