No sidebar, nothing left even 175$ gone for what.

.hi

Let's start from the beginning...

We did everything like everyone do... We installed our forum with no f... problems. We made all groups on the forum, we added sidebar via ACP after that we edited ONE just ONE group and we added some background to it after that... we did get result not expected of script which cost a lot of money...

sidepanel.PNG

The same thing happening when we install Legend of the forum (groups on board). The IPS 4 just added some random things to the theme like:

• writting in shoutbox everything BOLD (even nicknames)
  • Who's online "not lined" and we can't switch it OFF anymore!!!!!!!!!!
  • Forum statistics  we can switch them off
  • NO users, no topics thanks to IPS !

Are You fu... kidding me? We can't do much on forum as we are using IPS !!!! I am already annoyed, why? Because I have to re-make my forum already 10 times, how many more?!

Could be the HTML stuff you have in your custom widgets at the top. Maybe that broke the layout. 

But I am just guessing. If you have problems like that, open a support ticket with IPS so they can actually narrow down the problem on your site. A screenshot alone won’t help much, nor anger, nor randomly listing problems which annoy you. 

3 minutes ago, .hi said:

The html doesnt destroy the forum already did check that few times. 

How did you check that? What you show isn’t the default, so it must have been caused by something you did and it can probably be fixed by reversing that thing you did. But again: we can’t tell that from a screenshot. Open a support ticket. 

ech.... omg you don't get it rright....

Firstly my forum got hacked, I reinstalled, i changed  my ftp server password, everything changed. After that I did install new forum on IPS.

I made some groups on forum and installed 2 plugins.

I added a background to the group name... after that i have the result of the sidebar showed on the screen.

10 minutes ago, .hi said:

Firstly my forum got hacked, I reinstalled, i changed  my ftp server password, everything changed. After that I did install new forum on IPS.

I added a background to the group name... after that i have the result of the sidebar showed on the screen.

i take using the above theme as no dark theme is shipped "default" with IPS ? next if installed plugins have check see if one them not making the them break ?

14 minutes ago, .hi said:

If it got hacked in the first place, it's due to your negligence. The issue you're having with the sidebar is HTML related or theme related. 

@Theme Tent UK

I did check everything firstly with default theme of IPS (called default, there is no other themes on my forum) expect pre-installed theme of IPS. I go to the ACP panel I add a group name called Donator, I use icons and some background gif to use it under the name of the group.

Example: Capture.PNG

If I add these icon like OTHER IPS forums has on older versions of IPS, my sidebar RUN away from the side to the bottom.

It's also happening when I install any plugin from the market to my FORUM, the side bar placeholder RUN away from the right side to the BOTTOm of my forum.

@enigmapatrick

Och god! I am already getting pissed off a little bit of your blaming everything ON ME. The other guy on this forum had the same problem as ME someone changed all index.php and other .php files on my ftp server. No1 had any access to the ftp server.

1 minute ago, .hi said:

Och god! I am already getting pissed off a little bit of your blaming everything ON ME. The other guy on this forum had the same problem as ME someone changed all index.php and other .php files on my ftp server. No1 had any access to the ftp server.

Modifications don't have to come from FTP solely. It can be caused by exploits in out-dated plugins on any of your installs, be it WordPress, IPS etc. If you don't keep these updated, bots will exploit your site and then people will maliciously inject code into any php file they can possibly detect on your compromised site. Compromised websites 99% of the time are due to negligence on the webmaster's side due to not updating plugins, themes etc and not correctly securing things that should be. I.e. Admin Areas. 

4 minutes ago, .hi said:

Example: Capture.PNG

If I add these icon like OTHER IPS forums has on older versions of IPS, my sidebar RUN away from the side to the bottom.

Great! That was the first thing I suggest to you. You added custom code in a widget and something breaks. Not only did you dismiss the connection (so you actually were lying there), you rant on about money got and whatnot as if that has anything to do with it. So fix your code and stop with these angry rants. 

27 minutes ago, enigmapatrick said:

We're not blaming you, we're trying to calm you down from blaming IPS for your own mistakes. 

What he said. After some posts you now clearly pointed out the changes you made yourself – and one of these changes introduced faulty or otherwise problematic code to your site, causing these things. That’s just a logical inference, because the behaviour you show doesn’t happen to anyone else in a default installation. Not sure why you complain about “blaming you”. It’s just “pointing out” something obvious. Yet you seem to dismiss that and rant about loosing money or something, which doesn’t make any sense. No one is fu… kidding you, you don’t need to redo your site 10 times, you just need to narrow down which of your own customization steps broke your site. 

Archived