PHP7

CP

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded to PHP7 and all seems to be running good. Is there anything else I can do to improve performance? My site does not have many members but a massive amount of files that can be downloaded by guests and members. I am just trying to improve speed with my site. For example, sometimes someone will post a review on a file and it can take up to 30 seconds for it too post. The same problem changing featured files. Moving to a new host and upgrading to PHP7 has worked out much better but trying to squeeze more performance out of my site.

If anyone has suggestions, please post. :) 

4 hours ago, CP said:

Upgraded to PHP7 and all seems to be running good. Is there anything else I can do to improve performance? My site does not have many members but a massive amount of files that can be downloaded by guests and members. I am just trying to improve speed with my site. For example, sometimes someone will post a review on a file and it can take up to 30 seconds for it too post. The same problem changing featured files. Moving to a new host and upgrading to PHP7 has worked out much better but trying to squeeze more performance out of my site.

If anyone has suggestions, please post. :) 

Usually the 30s wait time is caused by a misconfiguration in your email settings. 

I did work on the email settings after moving to a new server. Actually, I was forced too because my emails (site email account) was not working correctly after moving to a new host. It works now after working with it. However, maybe I am missing something? Do you have any ideas or something I am missing? I welcome all ideas, thanks. :) 

Archived