Pages SuperGrid support

I am happy to announce SuperGrid 2.0 with these changes:

New SuperGrid Plugin.
No more copy and paste and editing settings in 5 different templates. All templates were recreated so all settings and the CSS are now part of a plugin. Much easier to use and upgrade!

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 18.35.47.png

SuperGrid Horizontal Block!
By popular request: The block template now has the full functionality of the database listing template. Create database feed widgets with the 3x3 SuperGrid layout and put them anywhere on your site. The possibilities are endless! For example: Create an engaging SuperGrid homepage with multiple SuperGrid widgets as horizontal and/or vertical blocks. Or: Show 3/6/9… featured/recent/popular articles below or above your articles.

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 18.43.02.png

Improved Record View on Mobile
By popular request: The record view template has been improved, so the avatar and the article/author information now adopt to the screen width and don’t take up as much space as before. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 18.44.59.png

Make sure to follow the upgrade instructions in the PDF if you are upgrading. You need to fully remove SuperGrid 1.x first and the installation process for 2.0 has changed (i.e. made easier) as well. 

Also: The new settings are now unified and independent from specific templates. So you cannot install the templates multiple times anymore and use different settings for each template set as you could with SuperGrid 1.x. All instances will use the same settings in SuperGrid 2.x. 

Edited by opentype

Thank you for the update.  Have not installed it yet.  I have a question.  I use the same style templates in different places on my site. I have places where author and the rest of the information is needed, but there are also placed where all the date about creation and creator is not needed. At the moment, i installed the templates twice and use different once based on the needed results.  Will the new update allow me to "clone" templates and have different setting for each clone?

Examples of what i have/desire.

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/articles.html/technical-articles/body-and-interior/

vs.

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/models

Thanks,

Steve K.

17 minutes ago, misfit76 said:

Will the new update allow me to "clone" templates and have different setting for each clone?

No. You better stay on the previous version then. (Or at least keep the old templates as customized versions.) If you are skilled with CSS you could also override some of the Plugin settings on the specific pages. 

There are already so many settings. I don’t want to complicate it too much. So even though I get there could be a need to manage different instances with different settings, I don’t really want to do that, since that probably isn’t how most clients use it. 

But good point nevertheless. I add a note about the unified settings to release notes. 

Is there a way to install this twice? Like, if i replace all "SuperGrid" in both files to "SuperGrid1"  Will that give me 2 versions of the templates and plugins?

Do i also need to replace all template_id in the second version?

I know this is beyond standard expected support, but hoping you can still give an answer

steve k.

51 minutes ago, misfit76 said:

Is there a way to install this twice? Like, if i replace all "SuperGrid" in both files to "SuperGrid1"  Will that give me 2 versions of the templates and plugins?

Do i also need to replace all template_id in the second version?

The plugin can’t be installed twice. The templates, yes, but I wouldn’t really know why. 

Just now, NoGi said:

Would be good to also have a setting to disable the teaser text.

Not perfectly sure what you are referring to. I guess that’s an additional field in your article database? Just open the settings of that field and turn off its display in the listing view. 

11 minutes ago, sobrenome said:

For some reason the block template works fine when I add the block with the block manager but when I add manually some parts of the content are missing:

Mhh, yes, that’s kind of intentional. It’s either a horizontal block or a vertical block within the standard widget containers and it checks which one of the two it is. If that information isn’t there, it might not look right. So it’s not really a bug. But I’ll have look at ways to maybe improve this in the next version. I could probably avoid missing information at least. 

14 hours ago, sobrenome said:

I am trying to reproduce the database listing style to the block style with no success. Could you please send me by private message the code for PageGrid Block to look like the database listing style? Thanks.

You just need to assign the block template as described in the 2.0 installation instructions. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 17.37.42.png

5 minutes ago, opentype said:

You just need to assign the block template as described in the 2.0 installation instructions. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 17.37.42.png

Yes, I did it. But the looks of block template is different from the looks of the listing template. I would like the looks of the listing template on block template. I have tried to adapt the listing template code to the block template but I was not successful. I want to add the block template to my community index page.

1 hour ago, sobrenome said:

Yes, I did it. But the looks of block template is different from the looks of the listing template. I would like the looks of the listing template on block template. I have tried to adapt the listing template code to the block template but I was not successful. I want to add the block template to my community index page.

Make sure you are using a page builder page with the default widget slots (1) and then drag your block into one of the horizontal slots (2) (instead of the sidebar). You should automatically get the “listing grid view” identical to the listing view of the database. If those 2 requirements aren’t met, I can’t help you to get it to work. 

Edited by opentype
5 hours ago, opentype said:

No, it’s not. As stated yesterday, I will have a look at this for the next version. But no promises when that will be out or if it will solved. You just have to wait or use it in default slots I’m afraid. 

I really need this feature. Are you sure there is no way to adapt the current code to achieve the result I desire?