Member Search under Advanced Search

-AJ-

In the Member Search tab under Advanced Search you are displayed a list of all groups.  I don't see a built-in way in ACP to prohibit a group from being listed in this search.  Since a lot of our secondary groups are for internal use only, we don't really want those group names to be displayed publicly.  For example, on this site you have a group name of "-- Staff ACP Access" displaying in the search list.  In my opinion, a lot of sites probably have secondary groups that don't need to be publicly known or searched.  It'd be great to allow us to restrict group search access without having to make a template change to restrict the list.

On 11/14/2016 at 8:23 PM, PPlanet said:

I'd also would like to know if there is any way to hide some groups from the member search.

I can provide you the template changes I've made if you're interested.  I'm not sure if IPS intends to address this or not, but I'm definitely willing to share what I've already done.

On 08/11/2016 at 4:04 PM, -AJ- said:

In the Member Search tab under Advanced Search you are displayed a list of all groups.  I don't see a built-in way in ACP to prohibit a group from being listed in this search.  Since a lot of our secondary groups are for internal use only, we don't really want those group names to be displayed publicly.  For example, on this site you have a group name of "-- Staff ACP Access" displaying in the search list.  In my opinion, a lot of sites probably have secondary groups that don't need to be publicly known or searched.  It'd be great to allow us to restrict group search access without having to make a template change to restrict the list.

+1

If it isn't going to happen then I'll go to a third-party developer but it's something I would like ASAP, so it would be great to get at least an idea of whether this is likely to be included in the core product. 

Yes, it should be something that should very well be under "Groups" settings. Exclude group from member list. Just like in previous versions:

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 12.12.22 pm.png

If IPB does not address that, I hope someone comes with a plugin, but in the meantime instructions for the template changes would be appreciated. Cheers.

• 3 months later...

Is anyone still interested in a way to hide chosen groups to be displayed on advanced search ?

I've made an export of IPS default template witch I've made some changes allowing to hide chosen groups from admin panel group's settings.

Archived