Menu Manager - how can I add an "empty" top level item?

DReffects2

18 minutes ago, Ohio Guns said:

Would have been nice to have a "Resources" main navigation tab that didn't go anywhere, but had a submenu that had items in it. But its not so simple for some reason.

Like on this site? That's really easy. The "Resources" item is just a Menu Type Item "Drop-down Menu".

20 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

Like on this site? That's really easy. The "Resources" item is just a Menu Type Item "Drop-down Menu".

Yes, but I didn't want a drop down menu. 

I wanted the menu to be a regular menu item that doesn't link anywhere as described by the OP but still capable of having a submenu.

Hey meddysong, thanks for your suggestion. that's unfortunately not what i mean.

42 minutes ago, Ohio Guns said:

Not possible by default for some reason. I tried for a few hours myself on this.

Would have been nice to have a "Resources" main navigation tab that didn't go anywhere, but had a submenu that had items in it. But its not so simple for some reason.

That's exactly what I am trying to do.

I've found an IPS powered website here: https://webflake.sx/topic/17457-menu-manager-not-wanting-to-cooperate/#

Try the "Trackers" or "about us" menu item - you can click it but nothing happens and a sub-level menu appears...

Funny... I went on to edit the `ipbcore_menu` table with phpmyadmin and updated a custom link menu item like this:

UPDATE `ipbcore_menu` SET `config` = '{"menu_custom_item_url":"#","menu_custom_item_target_blank":false}' WHERE `ipbcore_menu`.`id` = 49;

I've replaced an actual URL with #. Then I've did a bogus edit to another menu item to allow the system to publish the menu again.
Now I've got an 'empty' root menu item with fancy sub-items...

I guess the only thing IPS needs to modify is to allow the submission of "#" as a URL.

Archived