Custom member fields in posts

CaliPilot

Hi,

i'm running currently a bigger site on VBulletin (4.2.2) and we started the 1st test with IPS. The conversion worked pretty well so far but we discovered an issue which could be a real show stopper for us. 

Bildschirmfoto-2016-10-06-um-00.09.55.gif

We ask our users to fill out some fields on their profile to provide a faster overview for the community responding to their requests. Those fields are shown on each post below their avatar. After the conversion we still have those fields in the members profile but i found no solution to make them visible in the posts.

Is this even possible? I went through this forum, marketplace and used google but was unable to find a solution.

Thanks in advance 

Chris

The Templates app/add-og in the Marketplace  might have some use there. It allows you to add additional required fields to posts but it might take custom code to retrieve that data from the database and populate the forms.  

My converrted site also has extensive additional member fields but they are limited to user profiles and not used in posting in the forums.

You need to go to edit the custom profile fields in your admin CP. 

Go to: Members -> Member Settings -> Profile -> Tab: Profile Fields.

Open the profile field groups and find the ones you're looking for, click the pencil icon on the far right to edit them. 

In the settings area for each and every profile field you wish to show; find the setting "Display format" listed under the heading "Search and display options". An example of what you can fill in if you're unsure is already shown in the field until you click it. ( <strong>{title}:</strong> {content} )

On 6.10.2016 at 2:34 AM, TSP said:

You need to go to edit the custom profile fields in your admin CP. 

Go to: Members -> Member Settings -> Profile -> Tab: Profile Fields.

Open the profile field groups and find the ones you're looking for, click the pencil icon on the far right to edit them. 

In the settings area for each and every profile field you wish to show; find the setting "Display format" listed under the heading "Search and display options". An example of what you can fill in if you're unsure is already shown in the field until you click it. ( <strong>{title}:</strong> {content} )

Thank you very much, that did the trick!

Chris

Archived