Permissions for validating

cofee_iv

Is there a way to allow those in validating see some forum content? I never given this privilege before, and I am not seeing validating in my member list in my admin. panel. I see guest, but not validating. Should I create that group? Will they automatically go there? Thank you in advance!

That's what is odd.  I don't see validating at all. I thought it would be in there, same as guest.

3 minutes ago, TheHappenen said:

When you edit the category and forum permissions, you can check "Validating" on there. This will allow them to see or not see the content inside of it. The validating group is a default group on IPB.

IPS 4 doesn't utilize a validating group anymore, they will be entirely blocked from using (even reading) the community until they're validated, if they're logged in, regardless of any previous group settings you may have set up for it. 

I was just coming back to say the same, which is what I received from support. Seems like less ability for the admin. to choose from, but now I know and can work with that.

There is no validating group on the IPS4 system. Validating is simply a status of a member within the members group. Until they are registered completely, they would not get the permissions of the members group and would instead have guest permissions.

Archived