Block system - Horizontal - Vertical

Doped_Wizard

Hi

The Theme system only gives you 6 Areas to place custom blocks. As far as I could find out it is not possible to add extra block areas. Unfortunatley for my frontpage theme I would need more. Is there a way to make a block stay next to each other in the footer area using the vertical theme instead of the horizontal theme? Essential I want 3 Blocks next to each other in the footer area?

Unbenannt23.PNG

<div>
	<div class='ipsGrid ipsGrid_collapsePhone'>
		<div class='ipsGrid_span4'>
			{template="widgetContainer" group="pages" app="cms" params="'col1', $widgets, 'vertical'"}
		</div>
			{template="widgetContainer" group="pages" app="cms" params="'col2', $widgets, 'vertical'"}
		</div>
			{template="widgetContainer" group="pages" app="cms" params="'col3', $widgets, 'vertical'"}
          </div>   
			{template="widgetContainer" group="pages" app="cms" params="'col1', $widgets, 'vertical'"}
		</div>
			{template="widgetContainer" group="pages" app="cms" params="'col2', $widgets, 'vertical'"}
		</div>
			{template="widgetContainer" group="pages" app="cms" params="'col3', $widgets, 'vertical'"}
        </div>
</div>

Ok so I created a new template and when I want to place the blocks it shows correctly but when I save it than only uses what I placed on the bottom three blocks. How do I make the bottom three unique so that they do not overwrite the top three divs?

It would probably help to not use the same widget-names for the second row. 

Second time you use

params="'col1', $widgets, 'vertical'"

Should be 

params="'col4', $widgets, 'vertical'"

and so on.

Be advised that I'm not really familiar with Pages, blocks or placement of widgets, so I could be wrong. 

7 hours ago, Doped_Wizard said:

<div>
	<div class='ipsGrid ipsGrid_collapsePhone'>
		</div>
		</div>
          </div>   
		</div>
		</div>
        </div>
</div>

Ok so I created a new template and when I want to place the blocks it shows correctly but when I save it than only uses what I placed on the bottom three blocks. How do I make the bottom three unique so that they do not overwrite the top three divs?

One thing to note with your code above - you're missing a closing div along the way

Archived