2 Issues

Hello! I've just recently installed the forum software and theme, and everything's gone smoothly for the most part, except for a couple of things that have popped up and I don't know how to fix. 

The first is that when I attempt to embed videos in replies, I am given the following error. The error does not occur in initial topic posts such as this, only replies. 

c284b848ad2a18ba4dbfdaed56d9ce03.png

The second is that when the spoiler tags are used around content in a post, any content beneath the close tag is also being included within the spoiler. I don't know how to solve either of these and I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks. 

Hello,

The first error looks suspiciously like a mod security type error. The clue to this is its a 'combined' 403 (forbidden) and 404 (not found) error.

Contact your host. Tell them you have what you suspect is a mod_security issue. Provide the error you've posted above to them. They should be able to look at the server logs and determine the cause of this.

You can kind of think of mod_security as a kind of 'filter' in a way, its possible its set to slightly too aggressive, something you host should be able to easily rectify for you. ^_^

As for the second issue, can you duplicate that here (use the 'Test Forum') , if so what browser are you using ? It would also be worth just as a quick test (on your own site or here) to temporarily try a different browser too, to see if its browser specific or something else at play.

3 hours ago, AndyF said:

Hello,

The first error looks suspiciously like a mod security type error. The clue to this is its a 'combined' 403 (forbidden) and 404 (not found) error.

Contact your host. Tell them you have what you suspect is a mod_security issue. Provide the error you've posted above to them. They should be able to look at the server logs and determine the cause of this.

You can kind of think of mod_security as a kind of 'filter' in a way, its possible its set to slightly too aggressive, something you host should be able to easily rectify for you. ^_^

As for the second issue, can you duplicate that here (use the 'Test Forum') , if so what browser are you using ? It would also be worth just as a quick test (on your own site or here) to temporarily try a different browser too, to see if its browser specific or something else at play.

Hi, thanks for your help. I'll contact our web host regarding the first issue.

As for the second, I am unable to replicate it in these forums. I am using Google Chrome, but members and staff on my forum are experiencing the same issue with different browsers and PC/network set ups. Below is an example of what occurs: 

This is what I type down for the spoilers:

DyMpVTG.png

Here is how the post appears once posted: 

nlF7brC.png

Issue 1. You're welcome. ^_^

Issue 2. I'm wondering if its a theme related concern. Can you try it again on your site using the default (as in the IPS provided one) theme please ?

Depending on the results of that...

If it still does not work properly on the default theme on your own site: As you cannot duplicate it here, I'd suggest a support ticket in the Client Area for this.

If it works on the default theme (but not on the custom one) on your own site: Then its likely a theme related concern. Contact the theme author and inform them of the issue. Provide a link to this topic so they can see it 'in action' as such in the screen-shots. They may actually already know about it and have a fix available.

4 minutes ago, AndyF said:

Issue 2. I'm wondering if its a theme related concern. Can you try it again on your site using the default (as in the IPS provided one) theme please ?

If it still does not work properly on the default theme on your own site: As you cannot duplicate it here, I'd suggest a support ticket in the Client Area for this.

If it works on the default theme (but not on the custom one) on your own site: Then its likely a theme related concern. Contact the theme author and inform them of the issue. Provide a link to this topic so they can see it 'in action' as such in the screen-shots. They may actually already know about it and have a fix available.

Yeah, the issue persists with the default theme. We've already opened a ticket and have now received a response now so I'm hoping they'll be able to resolve it. Thanks for your help! 

28 minutes ago, AndyF said:

The second issue is

(though I was only able to reproduce it with code tags inside, which is how it was reported to me).

1 hour ago, Christopher Roldan said:

Yeah, the issue persists with the default theme. We've already opened a ticket and have now received a response now so I'm hoping they'll be able to resolve it. Thanks for your help! 

You're welcome. ^_^

1 hour ago, Colonel_mortis said:

The second issue is

(though I was only able to reproduce it with code tags inside, which is how it was reported to me).

Yes I've seen that now. ^_^ Although I could not reproduce myself.

Archived