Send mass mail to all users

Boomer12

Sometimes, we need to send all users an e-mail. This could be normal things like an upcoming event in our community or something more important like recent changes to the Terms of Service, acquisitions, etc. In such cases, it's a requirement to inform all registered users in the system. 

What do you think about an option to override the user settings regarding receiving mails from the administrator? I think it would be really great, but there should be a notice that using this feature may have consequences for the administrator. 

Let me know what you think.

On 21/07/2016 at 6:06 PM, jacboy said:

Sometimes, we need to send all users an e-mail. This could be normal things like an upcoming event in our community or something more important like recent changes to the Terms of Service, acquisitions, etc. In such cases, it's a requirement to inform all registered users in the system. 

What do you think about an option to override the user settings regarding receiving mails from the administrator? I think it would be really great, but there should be a notice that using this feature may have consequences for the administrator. 

Let me know what you think.

^this

I personally do not like how this is forced on the 'webmaster' when you can have very legitimate reasons for contacting all your members. For example, after the upgrade to v4, I would have liked to inform all my members regarding the way user names, display names had changed, plus the ability to use email addresses. Because I could only send emails to a third of my members, I had many support emails, members who created duplicate accounts, and I wouldn't be surprised if some just gave up trying to log in.

While I see the reason for the current option, there should be an option to send to all members. If webmasters wish to abuse the system, then that is down to them and not to IPB.

Archived