Creating custom BBCode

dean84

Yeah, thats again not what I am after, I provide one of my users a spreadsheet which creates the code necessary to create a bbcode table, on my IPB 3 version it would work, and on xenforo I had it working, but on IPB 4, without the custom bbcode option, I can't get it to work.

I don't really want to allow him to post using html, but I guess I have very little choice right now

The problem is he doesn't know how to do that sort of thing, he is just a user on the forums who runs a prediction league, they used to post just basic text standings, but it was messy and hard to understand, so I created a spreadsheet for him which he could update, and it would spit out the code he needed to create a bbcode table.

spread.jpg

Which would then create a table like this for him (there are 4 tables for his prediction league)

table.jpg

It has promotion places, relegation places, sorts it all in order of points and that sort of stuff.

Click the top left cell of the table in the spreadsheet, extend the selection to the bottom right of the table.

Copy

Go to site.

Paste & Post.

Note: ckeditor will not put the colour of the rows in place on the pasted content, if copied from Excel. Old 'bug that isn't a bug but is a bug...maybe' that has 2 options:

1. Copy from Excel to Word, then copy from Word to site.
  2. Put 2 configuration options in place in the ckeditor config.js file

'Bug' details: http://ckeditor.com/forums/Support/bugCopy-MS-Officewordexcel-and-paste-CKEditor

In short: the custom bbcode option is no longer available...IPS are effectively phasing out bbcode. Just offering you options here to adjust the process that your guy follows.

Archived