Database Problem and Questions Nulled to License 4.x.x

Azura

Hello, my community was using a nulled version of IPB i felt bad for using it so i went and purchased a license ^_^ however i don't want to do all the hard work from scratch again how can i move my setout like members, theme, blocks etc. to my new board. Also im getting this error from my old board:

Fatal error: Call to a member function language() on a non-object in /home/frosbxws/public_html/system/Output/Output.php on line 526

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::prepare(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in /home/frosbxws/public_html/system/Db/Db.php:385 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'mysqli::prepare...', '/home/frosbxws/...', 385, Array) #1 /home/frosbxws/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(385): mysqli->prepare('/*IPS\\Session\\_...') #2 /home/frosbxws/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(688): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('REPLACE INTO `c...', Array) #3 /home/frosbxws/public_html/system/Session/Front.php(300): IPS\_Db->replace('core_sessions', Array, true) #4 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Front->write('451909ce6abf4b9...', '') #5 {main} thrown in /home/frosbxws/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 385

4 minutes ago, Flitterkill said:

Start here. Is this a new server?

No this isn't a new site it was working well up to this point now their a problem with the database i assume however i've repaired it and everything.

3 minutes ago, Flitterkill said:

So it was nulled and then you installed a licensed copy on top of it?

Not yet i was about to but it failed on me before i could even do that. I can access the site to do it.

Edit: If i could backup the layout of the forum (where the blocks are etc, my work on pages and the theme i wouldn't mind have a fresh install however i don't know how to do that.)

You can export themes. No problems there. Block location no, unless you can upgrade directly over top. Pages you can export templates and db's Not sure about css in Pages though.

Honestly, throwing the real files on top should just be fine, then it's just run the upgrader (assuming the licensed files are of a newer version than your installed nulled one), plugin your license key, and that's it.

But you say your current site is broken now?

I don't think so. In this case there isn't anything anything to upgrade. You just upload all the files, and then in the acp enter your license key and that should be that.

Be sure to back up your conf_global.php file in the root IPS directory first as that has your db info, etc. It shouldn't be over-written but just be safe.

To be more clear, if your nulled 4.1.13.2 is working, all you do when you upload the legit files is clear out any of the file edits on the nulled version. No upgrade steps are involved at all. The only thing that will change is once you finish uploading the files, and you refresh the web page (front end or acp) you'll get the license warning. Then you just enter your license key and that's that.

Since you are licensed feel free to start a support ticket in the client area. They would be glad to help you and/or just confirm this information in this thread if you want to do it yourself. They are always happy to help people move off nulled versions and you are paying for the support now ^_^

• 2 months later...

Hello

I have the same problem :

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::prepare(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in 

i moved my board from one server (was working fine) to a new server (same version of php & mysql) and then i got this fatal error (i checked twice conf global : i updated it correctly)

Any idea what i should do ?

tx ! :)

Archived