Upgrade from 3.4.8 to current stuck

jackflash

here's where the upgrader is stuck - any ideas?

Incorrect prefix key; the used key part isn't a string, the used length is longer than the key part, or the storage engine doesn't support unique prefix keys

public_html/xx.com/applications/core/sources/Setup/Upgrade.php::645

If I click continue or retry, the same results occur.

4 minutes ago, jackflash said:

Incorrect prefix key; the used key part isn't a string, the used length is longer than the key part, or the storage engine doesn't support unique prefix keys

I would recommend submitting a ticket so we can take a look.

2 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

I would recommend submitting a ticket so we can take a look.

THANK YOU for continually responding to not only my help questions, but everyone else's too. I tried it with another database backup and the upgrade worked this time.

Always upgrade with a backup database ;)

1 minute ago, jackflash said:

THANK YOU for continually responding to not only my help questions, but everyone else's too. I tried it with another database backup and the upgrade worked this time.

Always upgrade with a backup database ;)

No problem!

If you do see the error come up again, just file a ticket and we'll be able to fix the issue.

19 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

No problem!

If you do see the error come up again, just file a ticket and we'll be able to fix the issue.

As a note, it was running on 3.4.8 during the first upgrade attempt.  I upgraded it to 3.4.9 and then tried it again and all went smooth. . .a few errors that I skipped but haven't had a problem yet.

I spoke too soon.   My admin panel is screwy and I cannot seem to run the support - I there's no continue button.  Is there a link to reset the cache when this happens or ?

I did file a support ticket, but would like to try and solve while I wait if anyone has seen/solved this before

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 6.27.35 PM.png

10 minutes ago, Mark H said:

The "Continue" button in in the lower left, just to the left of the Search and Streams entry on the dark bar.

Mark,

I found that link and also cleared the datastore folder (minus the index) and that didn't help solve it.  However, I uploaded a new default skin from another working 4.1 site and that fixed it right away.  This is the second time that I've had to import a new default skin after upgrading from 3.4.9.  I un-installed all 3.4 apps, hooks before the upgrade in both cases.  However, I didn't uninstall other non-default skins.  Not sure if that's the problem, but I will try that next time.

• 2 months later...
On 06.07.2016 at 10:16 PM, jackflash said:

I have the same problem... after I made another attempt with another backup - nothing changed..  May be there is any other decision to solve this?

Converter says:

Info
IP.Board Character Set: utf-8
Database Character Set: utf8
Original table prefix: 
Converted table prefix: x_utf_
228 tables are utf8
228 tables have incorrect collations
Can use 'dump' method: false
___

Regards

• 3 months later...