Topic followers after upgrade

marklcfc

Following a test upgrade from 3.4.8 to 4.1.12.3 I posted a few times in a topic, I was unaware there were 4 people following that topic and they complained they received emails regarding the post.

Now if this was my live site and I had members posting in numerous topics look at how many emails are going to be going out.. Is there any way to prevent this as I can see complaints happening.

Change the default notification settings for following topics so that it's only an inline notification, not an e-mail.  That will curb some of the annoyance unless the member has specifically gone into their notification settings and set that type of notification to e-mail.  

4 hours ago, Aiwa said:

Change the default notification settings for following topics so that it's only an inline notification, not an e-mail.  That will curb some of the annoyance unless the member has specifically gone into their notification settings and set that type of notification to e-mail.  

Is that going to update all members notification preferences? Cause it didn't in 3.4.

Archived