Staff online

Hunter Lyons

Who's Online   64 Members, 9 Anonymous, 96 Guests (See full list)

So the little thingie as is shows members, anonymous users, and guests. Why not make it list the number of staff as well? Admins could define which groups qualify as staff, or even just not and leave it disabled.

Maybe even take it a step further- for example I'd like "Donors" too, and to set groups for that. Maybe let us define our own to, etc.

I agree that staff should be there by default. Anything beyond that starts to feel like feature creep to me; why not have every single member group covered and then you'd have sites with dozens of user groups having to deal with an absolute mess. For extra options there are some third-party solutions, using "legend" and possibly "online" and "users" in the search.

Ideally, you could set your own groups. By default I think Online, Anonymous, Guests and Staff would be good. But you could define your own. ie "4 Team Leaders" on pulling from 5 different groups, etc, etc, etc. Anything you could want to set up that may be useful to the board. Maybe it's a tech support forum and you can define "Tech Support Agents" etc etc etc. 

Archived