No Cancel Button

EOMA

Im not sure but am I not supposed to have a cancel button in a reply post as I do in the first post of a thread?

Cancel.png

May be where the empty box is - Or in the middle with PP on the left

There is not much in the search results and the only one I could find said to use "pages" - I have zero clue how to do this

Thanks

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Yeah, pointless having the button

"Start New Topic" brings you to a new page, cancel returns you to your previous page.

"Reply to this topic" just drops you down to the bottom of the thread, to the reply box. It doesn't take you away from a page.

What would you be expecting 'cancel' to actually do there?

@Nathan Explosion

I was expecting it to remove the reply box and stay on the thread - I appreciate if you then wish to reply to another post you can and remove the origional one you did not want to from the reply box with ctrl/r click but it just seems a little messy - No big deal

Pressing the back button that takes you back to the main board

On 24/03/2016 at 10:44 AM, Nathan Explosion said:
  1. Download the plugin zip file.
  2. ACP -> Customization -> (Editor) Toolbars -> Add Button
  3. Browse to the downloaded file and save.
  4. Then go to the 'Buttons not on editor' section and drag the 'new page' icon up to the toolbar on the 'Editor' section.

@Nathan Explosion

Ok, I downloaded it and will try and get it done over the weekend - Thanks for your time ^_^

Regards

@Nathan Explosion

I have it now - But all it does is clear the text in the reply box

In edit post I have a cancel box and it is in few other areas - Cant understand why it is not in the reply to thread area

On 24/03/2016 at 2:45 AM, Hulu said:

I don't think it was ever intended to have a cancel button on replies, since you can just hit the back button or erase the content.

@Hulu

This just takes you back to the board index - If you erase the content you are left with a blank box but a box all the same

Regards

49 minutes ago, Bacman said:

@Nathan Explosion

I have it now - But all it does is clear the text in the reply box

In edit post I have a cancel box and it is in few other areas - Cant understand why it is not in the reply to thread area

Because it is unnecessary - it would have no function outside of what you can already do without it. You want to cancel, then just don't continue....just click away from the box. Want to reply to another post? Go ahead and click in the reply box....and if there is a need to clear it because you had typed something earlier, then use the button you've just added.

If you want a cancel button, go ahead and ask @Hulu as he's on a plugin crusade right now :D

40 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Because it is unnecessary - it would have no function outside of what you can already do without it. You want to cancel, then just don't continue....just click away from the box. Want to reply to another post? Go ahead and click in the reply box....and if there is a need to clear it because you had typed something earlier, then use the button you've just added.

If you want a cancel button, go ahead and ask @Hulu as he's on a plugin crusade right now :D

@Nathan Explosion

Buddy - Lets agree to disagree on this one but thanks for the new page info ^_^

@Hulu ?

12 minutes ago, Hulu said:

@Bacman I'm updating one of my plugins to work with the pages app then I'll look into it... I need to know exactly what should happen when someone where to click the button.

@Hulu

The quote box should just disappear and thats it - (as it does on vB :ermm:(sorry))

Archived