Activity Stream - Add filtering to All Activity

sudo

I was just thinking it would be nice to show the filtering drop downs in All Activity as well as custom streams, it would lead to people using custom streams more and spotting the extra features without having to be led or informed before use. For those that dont want to use them they can then filter the results easily on the All Activity page to narrow down what they see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21 March 2016 at 6:56 PM, ZeroHour said:

… it would lead to people using custom streams more and spotting the extra features …

That’s not something I really want. I like for them to see as much content as possible and I don’t like to confuse them with all sorts of options. If the “power users” start to use the custom streams – why not, but it’s just not something I want to actively encourage. 

1 minute ago, opentype said:

That’s not something I really want. I like for them to see as much content as possible and I don’t like to confuse them with all sorts of options. If the “power users” start to use the custom streams – why not, but it’s just not something I want to actively encourage. 

I suppose make it an admin option to turn on/off, its just with AS staying and the feature itself being quite useful I would like to naturally lead people to use it. Having the filters would be useful imo for people who dont decide to save it as their own stream as they can quickly drill through content on the All Activity page.

Archived