Moderator logs should be filterable by events from mods

Colonel_mortis

It should be possible to filter the moderator log by only events by moderators - it is useful to log that someone merged threads, or edited someone else's post, but it is not particularly useful to know that a regular member edited their post. I'm not against logging it all, but in ACP there should be a filter option.

• 1 year later...

How do I upvote this. SOOO inconvenient on a board of our size to strain through hundreds and hundreds of member actions to try to find out which mod is doing something not quite right. Just filter by group would be great.

• 4 months later...

Firstly, being searchable doesn't always help when you are looking for something that you don't really know what you are looking for, but you know that it is there. (I hope that makes some sense lol)

My issues with the whole Moderation logs (Apart from having to go to the search bar to type in 'logs' every time) is that you include 'User Actions' within the Moderator Logs. These are clearly not 'Moderator Actions and there is a succinct difference here which is not being adhered too. I only wish to see actions taken by my Moderation Team, so maybe there should be a different log for User definable actions in this case?

Also, another issue I have with the Moderation logs is they're pretty much useless. It's fine if you want information on who and which Topic was moderated, but apart from that, there is no real purpose to them. How about showing us a before and after of what was edited and the ability of reversing Moderation actions on a post? Personally, I would find that useful and helpful.

Archived