Pages language?

Hunter Lyons

In the language tab of Pages you can change the word that it uses (ie for 'Articles' or 'Wiki pages' as I have it). I'm using Pages to make a whitelist application area for my gaming server. Can I make it so that different categories of a single database have different language attributes? So the Instructions category would have something like '4 guides' and the applications category would have something like '421 applications'. Here's the page. Is this doable?

b339472804390d15a7c32e3356e5237f.jpg

Not automatically, no. I'd love it to be too because in one of my databases the categories would be better off with different names, such as issues, articles, entries etc.

I think you could probably modify this by amending a template though and then assigning that particular template to a category. For example, the categoryRow template contains the line

sprintf="\IPS\cms\Databases::load( $category->database_id )->recordWord()"}

Clearly that last bit is calling whatever the word is for an individual record for that database. But in the template (and this is where my contribution falls down, because I'm new to all this) I would've thought it possible to define a variable for the record word and then replace the string above with something calling that instead. And if you wanted to use this template for several categories, then you would define within it the record name as an array depending on category number.

In my head, at least, that makes sense. If you think so too and get it working, please let me know how ^_^

As Meddysong says, it’s not possible without customization. And since that string appears in many places, it’s a lot you would have to change. It’s better to keep the words generic (e.g. “entry”). Or ask IPS for an override setting for these words per category as feature request. 

Archived