Marketplace - Sorting Options

Morgin

Couple Thoughts/Questions:

1) Is there an option for an overall list of "top downloads / top rated" etc view in the home screen (https://community.invisionpower.com/files/), without having to click into a category first?

2) Once you do click into a category (https://community.invisionpower.com/files/category/170-look-and-feel/), is there an option for sorting by "most downloads/purchases?" I see that information is available in the display of each item, but you can't sort that way.

These two questions are kind of tied together - it would be helpful to see which marketplace files are the most popular, and the actual number of people downloading or buying a marketplace item is a pretty key factor in popularity. I think this used to be a sort option in the old marketplace (one I used often), but it's no more.

I see there are lightboxes on the home page that show Featured/What's New/Highest Rated/Most Downloaded, but my expectation was being able to click those titles and be brought to a list view where the aggregate products in the marketplace are sorted in such manner (at least for newest/highest rated/most downloaded) but the titles aren't clickable and I can't see any other way of getting an aggregated sort view in that manner. Also, as a further sort issue with those lightboxes, they aggregate everything (including pre IPS4 files) so there's still not a view of most downloaded IPS4 marketplace items, unless you check each one in that lightbox to see which are IPS4 compatible.)

Basically my overall feature request is to make marketplace more accurately reflect what people might be looking for. First filter should be "what version family, 3 or 4?" then from there if I want to drill down in different categories I can, but from the very parent level of "all 3 files" or "all 4 files" or "compatible with 3 and 4 (which may be useful if you want to implement a plugin as a 3 user and know it will be available when you migrate to 4)", I should be able to sort by # of downloads, ratings, etc. Ratings you currently can, so it's really sorting by total downloads/purchases that's missing, along with doing sorting at a top uncategorized level. 

In addition other requested sort options:

• Top paid files
  • Top free files
  • And combinations of new/popular/best rated/most downloaded/free/paid/featured/special offer/discount price/file bundles

Have a look into the windows app store or google play and so on.

They also have widgets, but for way more use cases, f.e.

• Category or Subcategory Best-Of widgets
  • Editors choice (like featured but more of it and also manually preselected)

Having such options would be amazing. And also if you could place some images and formatted text between the widgets as the individual widgets are currently pretty stuck together.

On 3/7/2016 at 3:48 PM, Cyboman said:

In addition other requested sort options:

• Top paid files
  • Top free files
  • And combinations of new/popular/best rated/most downloaded/free/paid/featured/special offer/discount price/file bundles

Have a look into the windows app store or google play and so on.

They also have widgets, but for way more use cases, f.e.

• Category or Subcategory Best-Of widgets
  • Editors choice (like featured but more of it and also manually preselected)

Having such options would be amazing. And also if you could place some images and formatted text between the widgets as the individual widgets are currently pretty stuck together.

Agree with all this too. 

33 minutes ago, Lindy said:

As noted in another topic - let me see what I can do here. Thanks for the feedback - good stuff!

Thanks Lindy! Hopefully the undertext of this came through - lets make it easier to spend more money in your marketplace! ^_^

Archived