Possible to hide post count from member profiles?

Kimmo

As title says, is it possible to hide visibile post count from the members profiles, at least from that normal forum view?

As some of the new members says that it is not easy to come to the forum if you can see that many/most of the old members has like 50 000 posts.

BW

Kimmo

Oh I see.. A bit of miss communication.

ACP -> Customization -> Templates -> forums -> topics -> postcontainer

Find and delete:

<li class='ipsType_light'>{lang="member_post_count" pluralize="$comment->author()->member_posts"}</li>

The one above deleted the count off profiles.

1 minute ago, Kimmo said:

Thank you! It works like a charm. Let's see if it is easier for newbies to post now...

I wouldn't call the post count to be a persuader but I will say having a variety of user groups helps a ton as there are many of achievement hunters out there. Best of luck to you!

*If you ever want to take it off profiles you've got the source above :) 

When we upgraded yesterday to 4.X.X, there were this post count recounting too. As we have now 15 years old forum, some of the members had over 50 000 posts. Of course during the years most of them were deleted and now when new forum counted how many posts they really have now, result was sometimes like 500 posts. So from 50 000 posts to 500 posts, some of our members were quite upset :)

Then someone said, that if we'll take out those post counts from message profiles, they are not so obvious and 'important' anymore, so members could calm down. Actually this might work, first impressions are very good.

Once again, thank you very much!

Hi, just to be sure, is this only deleting the display of the count?.  This doesn't delete post counts for the analytics, right?  

And when there is an update, will the theme get reset?

18 hours ago, BJ said:

And when there is an update, will the theme get reset?

You would have to revert template and re-add the changes with every update unless you know that template has not had any changes made to it but quicker just to revert and re-add

What can try is adding into custom.css

.cAuthorPane .ipsType_light {
  display: none;
}

then will not affect future updates

NOTE: If you have any mods etc that add other bits into that area then it may affect them depending if they use same css so if you see other bits affected in that area then remove the above css and have to remove from actual template

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It's easier to add classes via plugin to hide this LI (desktop and mobile).

So there is an easier way ?

Thought the css was best way as no disruption anywhere and nothing to add to template or anything like that ... I could be wrong though as the actual coding (plugins or mods etc) I will never understand ... just css and HTML are my limits ... unfortunately

1 hour ago, steve00 said:

I wouldn't even know how to write anything like that ... lost me in the first 2 lines

We don't write anythng. :)

It's all there in Dev Center:

1 - First you choose the template:

Capturar.png

Capturar.png

2 - Choose the element (in this case, the LI):

Capturar.png

3 - Choose what you want to do:

Capturar.png

When you're done, export the XML!

That's all for Theme Hooks. :)

You actually write code for CODE hook.

33 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

We don't write anythng. :)

It's all there in Dev Center:

1 - First you choose the template:

Capturar.png

Capturar.png

2 - Choose the element (in this case, the LI):

Capturar.png

3 - Choose what you want to do:

Capturar.png

When you're done, export the XML!

That's all for Theme Hooks. :)

You actually write code for CODE hook.

Looks easy ... apart from having to be in DEV mode (tried that once a while ago and messed everything up for me) ... and upgrades won't affect the Hook ?

Archived