Newbie with Commerce (Nexus)

EricT

Hi,

I am starting using Commerce app and I have a few questions : 

Is it possible to : 

- hide empty categories on front-end ? It is boring for user to check every categorie to see if there is some product. And it cost time for admin to create/delete categories.
- display the number of products for each category on store index
- add or modify products on front end ?

On product content, there is only one tab : Product information. Is it possible to add others tabs ?

Thank you !

Other questions : 

- New products are not included in Activity stream ??
- It is not possible to create a custom block to put last products on sidebar or other places ? (like for forums, calendar...)
- If a member want to buy some products from store, he must always give First Name, Last Name etc... Is it possible to use (or update / merge) member profile fields ?

I think there is no link between Commerce and others Application and community, Maybe I am wrong and missed something ?

Hey @EricT,

Let me answer a few of those for you, sir.

- hide empty categories on front-end ? It is boring for user to check every categorie to see if there is some product. And it cost time for admin to create/delete categories.
Answer: Next to each category is a collapse & expand icon/setting. Click this to close/hide/minimize a category from showing the forums within it. Members can collapse or expand these categories at anytime they feel the need. This feature works on a 'per user' basis, meaning it applies only to that member's account.                  

Answer: Negative, this isn't possible, yet.

On product content, there is only one tab : Product information. Is it possible to add others tabs ?
Answer: Negative, this isn't possible, yet. This is where your product details/description will go.

Answer: No, but yo can "feature" an item to have it added to the featured list, causing it too be advertised in your Store via a image slider with hyperlinks.

- If a member want to buy some products from store, he must always give First Name, Last Name etc... Is it possible to use (or update / merge) member profile fields ?
Answer: Who ever purchases an item, it shows their email under the client's information. If that email appends to a register account on your boar, it will be replaced with their 'username' which is hyperlinked to point to their profile. From here, you will see 100% of all profiles fields data. You will even be a full overview of the customers commerce data such as an overview of purchases, invoices, support tickets and total money spent, etc.

- I think there is no link between Commerce and others Application and community, Maybe I am wrong and missed something ?
Answer: What do you mean 'link between'? To go to a different app from the Commerce, just simply click the navigation menu's link to whatever application you're trying to get to. You can manage your navigation menu by going to: ACP > SETTINGS > MENU MANAGER. Is that what you meant?

Hope that was helpful. If not completely resolved, shoot me an email, or visit my webpage below for hands-on help with this to have it setup/fixed for you in no time! :)

Good luck,

On 25/2/2016 at 2:13 PM, Kevin 7 said:

Hey @EricT,

Let me answer a few of those for you, sir.

Answer: Next to each category is a collapse & expand icon/setting. Click this to close/hide/minimize a category from showing the forums within it. Members can collapse or expand these categories at anytime they feel the need. This feature works on a 'per user' basis, meaning it applies only to that member's account.                  

Yes I know this possibility, but sometimes a category could have some product, and another day not. So the user have to enter into the category to know if there is some products... I will ask for a plugin for this

Answer: Negative, this isn't possible, yet.

I hope it will be possible in future

Answer: Negative, this isn't possible, yet. This is where your product details/description will go.

Answer: No, but yo can "feature" an item to have it added to the featured list, causing it too be advertised in your Store via a image slider with hyperlinks.

Most of members of my community are looking to the activity stream to see new content. I don't understand why we can't see new product in it. Like new files on IPS website : 

activity.thumb.jpg.8f351719fe16bb551359b

I will ask for a plugin for this

Answer: Who ever purchases an item, it shows their email under the client's information. If that email appends to a register account on your boar, it will be replaced with their 'username' which is hyperlinked to point to their profile. From here, you will see 100% of all profiles fields data. You will even be a full overview of the customers commerce data such as an overview of purchases, invoices, support tickets and total money spent, etc.

I didn't know that. I will do some test to better undestand the feature

- I think there is no link between Commerce and others Application and community, Maybe I am wrong and missed something ?
Answer: What do you mean 'link between'? To go to a different app from the Commerce, just simply click the navigation menu's link to whatever application you're trying to get to. You can manage your navigation menu by going to: ACP > SETTINGS > MENU MANAGER. Is that what you meant?

Sorry for my bad english. I mean there is no bridge between Commerce and other apps (for example new products are not in activity stream, very few things for sidebar : 

commerce.jpg.01fe5fd95f72262b38d2a6c69ce

Forum have more options :

foruma.jpg.a08ae3d8c226fa6ddb27755ef519e

Thanks to Adriano plugin to enhance the possibilies

)

Hope that was helpful. If not completely resolved, shoot me an email, or visit my webpage below for hands-on help with this to have it setup/fixed for you in no time! :)

Good luck,

Thank you for your help !

Archived