V2 to V4 upgrade?

Hello,

My board is still on V2 - do I need to go to v3 first or can I upgrade to V4?

The upgrade documentation seems to just deal with in-version updates. Do I just make a copy of the current dir and upload these files over the top and run setup? Will it upgrade the database for me?

3 minutes ago, Rhett said:

They won't, can you upgrade from windows 3.1 to win 10?  :) 

Its not the same thing, because in Windows you can backup your things, install the new OS and restore the backup. It will work.

If you have IPB2 with 300,000 users and 8 Million posts, what will you do? Start over from zero with a new IPS4 board, or stay at IPB2 because you can't upgrade? In the end, it will be Invision that will loose money, because they won't buy a license for IPS4.

19 minutes ago, RevengeFNF said:

Its not the same thing, because in Windows you can backup your things, install the new OS and restore the backup. It will work.

If you have IPB2 with 300,000 users and 8 Million posts, what will you do? Start over from zero with a new IPS4 board, or stay at IPB2 because you can't upgrade? In the end, it will be Invision that will loose money, because they won't buy a license for IPS4.

Stay up to date and not wait 10 years to upgrade maybe?  lol  If it comes up in the future, we can address it. :) 

OK upgrade to v3 worked, but the UTF8converter isnt working (apparently needs doing according to v4 upgrade checker) - it keeps saying

Cannot locate the IP.Board database tables. Please check to ensure the SQL Prefix if set, is correct in 'conf_global.php'.

The board loads fine though.. Could you point me in the direction of what needs changing on the database to do it manually?

Unfortunately the one the installer runs too is having a problem with the same thing:

Cannot locate the IP.Board database tables. Please check to ensure the SQL Prefix if set, is correct in 'conf_global.php'

Is there something missing in my conf_global? The prefix is set to "ibf_", which is the prefix in the db.

Archived