Remove item count from pages category block menu

DesignzShop

Having item counts in the category block menu has more drawbacks it seems to me than reasonable positives.

When someone goes to a news site I can't imagine too many people saying, "I wonder how many articles are in this category?" It just doesn't fit to me it feels.
Makes menus look and feel cluttered
Could hamper how many people visit a particular section if it has a low count of articles or information for whatever type of database they are using

I do however could see the need for item counts for example if someone runs a classifieds database. So knowing others may need function for having item counts can we get a option / setting when editing the block to include or exclude category item counts in the pages category database menus?

Regards

That's why I said above if you read what I wrote

So knowing others may need function for having item counts can we get a option / setting when editing the block to include or exclude category item counts in the pages category database menus?

Editing templates is not the way to go. No one needs a extra file to check every upgrade.

On 2/11/2016 at 8:38 AM, The Jimmo said:

Can always hide it via CSS if you do not want it ;) 

Yes Sir, you can hide the primary navigation counts easily however removing them from sub-navigation can also be done but it leaves a space where they are supposed to be. No matter what I think it would come down to a custom block template here if the option wasn't made available to display/use the counts or not when displaying the menu. Of course as a designer I want to add the option in for users to have a clean menu, I also want to stay away from templates too.It seemed to me it better to have the option come from IPB than me tbh here.

Much cleaner appearance too :)

Thanks for the reply Jim.

muchcleaner.png

Archived