Multiple queries

We have just swapped from vBulletin to IPS in the last couple of days.  I am finding it increasingly difficult (and time consuming) to find answers to questions the members are shooting at me on problems and questions.  I thought I would list some here just in case someone has come across it and found a solution.  I've been searching here and googling but unless I can come up with the right phrase it's not giving me what I need?

1. when you click in a post and then the members info is on the right hand side under a round circle picture (for eg) is there any way to customise what information is shown here.  We want age and location in there as well.
  2. I know you can turn off all signatures or not see some people's signatures but can you actually choose not to show your signature on for eg specific posts - we have one sub-forum where we don't want signatures shown in there (for various too long to explain reasons)?
  3. I found this post (Here) and I have posted on there just in case but if anyone knows whether it's been resolved re: having the birth date in the registration process??  I know there's this Hook but we tried that and it crashed the whole site and because we hadn't gone live it hadn't been backed upand I lost all my tweeks (rather annoying) so am hesitant to try it again.
  4. For some reason the buttons to upload photos etc don't seem to work on ipads? Does anyone else find that and is there a solution?
  5. Is there a way to add a button in the thread in case you've missed the blue dot that takes you to the first unread post?? like a button that says 'go to unread post' or something.  I can't find anything but thought I'd ask.

6. Some of the members don't have the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files... " option - it seems a bit hit and miss.  I've checked the permissions and and upload option and everything is clicked. Would there be any other reason?

7. Sorry I know there's a lot and not sure if this is the right place but frustration is setting in and I'm not finding answers.

Many thanks

6 hours ago, SMCAust said:

having the birth date in the registration process??  I know there's this Hook but we tried that and it crashed the whole site and because we hadn't gone live it hadn't been backed upand I lost all my tweeks (rather annoying) so am hesitant to try it again.

It has been downloaded 422 times only here on IPS without crash anyone else's sites. First time I heard it is now, from you.

So if you have any issue with this or with any other resource, use the support topic to report the error and provide all the necessary info, like the error log, so it can be fixed, if that's the case.

I will take a stab at #6

Some of the members don't have the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files... " option - it seems a bit hit and miss.  I've checked the permissions and and upload option and everything is clicked. Would there be any other reason?

I had this happen to me as well. I found that the issue was the amount of total attachment uploads was exceding the imposed limit set in the ACP. For example if ACP says no more than 100MB per user, and I have 102MB from the old VB board... I won't see the option to load more.

Look in groups, and choose the edit for the group where you have most of your members with "issues" and see if you can edit their MAX upload setting. Raise it or make it unlimited.

As an aside it would be nice if the member got a little message like "you've exceeded your attachment capacity" instead of just seeing no option to upload.

On 2/3/2016 at 2:53 AM, Adriano Faria said:

It has been downloaded 422 times only here on IPS without crash anyone else's sites. First time I heard it is now, from you.

So if you have any issue with this or with any other resource, use the support topic to report the error and provide all the necessary info, like the error log, so it can be fixed, if that's the case.

Sorry - I have no idea what happened and we hire an IT guy to do it because it is beyond me/our forum.  All I know is everything went kaput when he tried to do it - could be unrelated so can't really post in support when we have no clue.

Archived