Tagging people / groups of people

MADMAN32395

So we can do @user and get someone .... but why cant we do groupnames to tag a whole group like @admins @moderators @whatevergroupnamesyouwant ?

If I am wanting to tag my whole staff or a portion of staff, I would end up with a bunch of tags of individual people. Idk, thought it would be more efficient than tagging multiple people if all the same group.

Please, God, no.

I do not want my members tagging my entire admin or moderator groups every time they feel the need to cry, rage, object, cause drama, etc. There's enough moderation work already without adding more to it. I'm feeling dread of this with a small community, can you imagine what it would do to a big one? :cry:

5 hours ago, Evil Edwina said:

Please, God, no.

I do not want my members tagging my entire admin or moderator groups every time they feel the need to cry, rage, object, cause drama, etc. There's enough moderation work already without adding more to it. I'm feeling dread of this with a small community, can you imagine what it would do to a big one? :cry:

It's really no different than them individually mentioning your entire moderating team by each name.

Personally this is something that should happen. While I understand yours and @Kevin Carwile stances, I also say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with making the system more powerful and giving admins the power to restrict which groups can be utilized.

This is a 3rd party add-on from XF that I loved/miss(one of the few things useful about that software). For  me, this is great because it allows me to better be able to notify my members.

We have a lot of important threads that often sometimes get overlook and buried among the other less important stuff. I tag all of them in threads in regards to Maintenance, Rule changes, New features, updates, etc etc so they are able to see them without having to hunt or be responsible.

Our community is small enough where I am able to simply tag each users name once and I later go back and simply copy and paste the names into future posts as needed which simulates tagging usergroups but is certainly not attractive when you have 30+ names in a post.

46 minutes ago, Izaya Orihara said:

I also say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with making the system more powerful and giving admins the power to restrict which groups can be utilized.

I don't disagree that features should not be enhanced, but I don't want members being able to tag entire groups, so I would only be happy with this function if it can be disabled. It's just not something I want to see members suddenly doing.

3 hours ago, Evil Edwina said:

I don't disagree that features should not be enhanced, but I don't want members being able to tag entire groups, so I would only be happy with this function if it can be disabled. It's just not something I want to see members suddenly doing.

What if certain groups could use group tagging?

Archived