ACP Error Issue (cannot login)

william16

So I have recently installed IPS Community Suite V4 (self-hosted), however upon attempting to login to the Admin control panel (ACP) with the correct credentials, I receive an error message stating "Your IP Address does not match this session"....
Occasionally I am able to login, and can see that every log in attempt comes from a 10. address, which i've not come across before.

My public IP address is in the 109. region.

When I am able to log in, I am only able to manage a few clicks in the control panel before I am kicked out again with the same error message.

Research online suggests this is something to do with possibly a proxy changing the client IP every time they try to log in, although i've run the same software with many other webhosts before and not had this issue.

I am not running any proxies on any machine in the household, and have never experienced this issue ever before.

I have tried emptying the Sessions table in PhpMyAdmin as suggested by IPS help topics, but to no avail.

My host is Fasthost.

I'm nearly all out of ideas of what to try, i've tried from different devices, and renewing the client leases on all devices, and I still get the same error message.

I can't get into the ACP and into the correct section to turn the IP check setting off in time before I get automatically kicked out of the ACP (on the rare occasion I can actually even login to the ACP).

Also, upon every attempt at logging into the ACP, I check in the PhpMyAdmin database at the sessions, it appears each attempt increments the IP by one... so first attempt is for instance 10.0.0.1, next attempt at logging in is 10.0.0.2... but all from the same device.

I have also tried changing the "Xmatching_address" and one other field value as listed on the above website... but this makes no difference.

Thank you all in advance, I have raised a support request with this both with IPS and my webhost.

Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 10.05.10.png

Have you checked your public IP ? (you may use phpinfo() for example ).

If whatever tool/System is constantly changing your IP-Adress, something is wrong with your carrier/InternetProvider or with your router.

Have you tired using a mobile WITHOUT WiFi using EDGE/UMTS/LTE?

Just now, Daniel F said:

I would suggest to submit a ticket :)

With all respect, if you read at the bottom I have done this... :p

And no, I have not tried using 3G/4G yet, I get absolutely appalling cellular service where I live so will have to wait until I'm out to try on 4G.

Whilst my IP is dynamic, it's certainly not in the 10. range......mine is in the 109. range....

17 minutes ago, william16 said:

And no, I have not tried using 3G/4G yet, I get absolutely appalling cellular service where I live so will have to wait until I'm out to try on 4G.

Whilst my IP is dynamic, it's certainly not in the 10. range......mine is in the 109. range....

Yeah, would be intresting if 4G is working.

My IP is also dynamic, but do not change for 24 hours unless i force it :p

Interestingly enough.. this is now working.

Not sure what's changed, although now i'm logged in it appears somehow the "Check IP when logging in" option has been disabled... I know I disabled it through the PhpMyAdmin DB yesterday... but it didn't seem to make any difference.... and now it seems to work fine, very odd.

Now I just need to get the loading progress animations plugin to work :lol:

Installs everything, apart from the third step when it says "an error has occurred"... i'm missing the Edit button on the plugin overview manager for the plugin.

"3C145/3 Something went wrong. Please try again."

Archived