Registered user cannot login

steadyoptions

Scenario:

Registration set to "Email and administrator validation"

In 3.x, when user registered, he could login with his username before admin approval. Looks like in 4.x this functionality doesn't exist anymore. When user tries to login, he gets message "Continue as guest". Am I missing something? It was very useful that registered members could still login and access some areas of the forums, before they became paying members. But now there is no difference between guest and registered but not approved member.

1 hour ago, steadyoptions said:

Registration set to "Email and administrator validation"

In 3.x, when user registered, he could login with his username before admin approval.

I believe you shouldn't  set it to administrator validation.

1 hour ago, steadyoptions said:

This is a members only subscription forum. If I remove admin validation, registered members will be able to see content which required paid subscription. 

• Use forum permissions to block those forums to registered members (non-paid).
  • Also, to avoid non-paid new registrations, use Commerce to force a member subscription upon signup (to your paid group) and turn off admin validation.

28 minutes ago, chilihead said:
  • Use forum permissions to block those forums to registered members (non-paid).
  • Also, to avoid non-paid new registrations, use Commerce to force a member subscription upon signup (to your paid group) and turn off admin validation.

This is probably a good idea. I understand that "validating group" has been removed in 4.x, this is probably what is causing the issue.

How to use Commerce? I have few subscriptions, each subscription belongs to different group and all user groups are done manually. I would love to automate it, but not sure how to do it.

Where can I see some documentation?

I'm using PayPal, and different PayPal links for different products.

For example, user who purchases product A will be promoted to group A which has permissions to see appropriate forums. User who purchases product B will be promoted to group B with permissions for different forums. User who purchases A and B will be promoted to group A_B.

Can commerce do it automatically? Can it also handle cancellations from PayPal and switch users back to group xxx when the cancel? 

Archived