Few questions

Sam A

Hi,

I have a few questions that I thought I would ask in here rather than submit a support ticket. Hopefully someone can help :)

1. Since the upgrade to 4.1 my standard member group is unable to use [ spoiler ] tags, would there be any particular reason for this? I have an enhanced member group that has permission to post HTML, and I was wondering if that had something to do with it, but that's just clutching at straws as the standard member group were able to use spoiler tags before the upgrade.

2. How do I revert a template within the default IP.Board theme? The mobile nav bar template was modified prior to upgrade, and wasn't reverted during the upgrade process, so it still has the "Star" link for View New Content. I worked through the support tool and it did everything except revert the template in question. In the template editor the "Revert" button isn't active.

3. With 4.1 came an option to force users to re-accept Terms & Conditions, but I can't find it in the admin panel. 

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Sam A said:

3. With 4.1 came an option to force users to re-accept Terms & Conditions, but I can't find it in the admin panel. 

Thanks!

Option to prompt users to re-consent to Terms and Conditions and/or Privacy Policy when you change them in AdminCP

So go look at the existing terms, 'change' them (ie save them) and TA DA!!!

1. Double check they have permission to the item in the editor toolbar ACP -> Customization -> Editor
  2. Go to the template that was modified and click "Revert" 
  3. When you edit your Terms & Privacy Policy this will popup with the option to allow all users to accept it before using your community

19 minutes ago, Jim M said:
  1. Double check they have permission to the item in the editor toolbar ACP -> Customization -> Editor
  2. Go to the template that was modified and click "Revert" 
  3. When you edit your Terms & Privacy Policy this will popup with the option to allow all users to accept it before using your community

1. The toolbar button works, typing the actual tags doesn't, so I don't think it's a permissions issue.

2. The revert button is greyed out, however the template has definitely been modified, that's why I'm stumped.

Archived