Extra Pages Content

BN_IT_Support

I remember reading a post detailing how to make something similar to the Release Notes area. I hope someone from IPS is able and willing to share how they produce their Guides and Documentation areas. While it's clear that it is just a custom Pages Database with Custom Theming it would be great to get the specifics of the custom changes so we can get a jump start of having similarly awesome databases on our own sites. 

IMO there really needs to be a dedicated forum here for Pages.  It's one of the "hardest to understand" products IP sells and you can just about do anything with it.  Members can't find information without knowing what they're looking for (search) and there isn't a ton of examples of things to create with it in the wild yet.  @Lindy @Charles @Matt

This is one of my biggest issues with IPS. I have no idea where to start, even tho I know how powerful it is. I feel completely lost. Powerless. lol

And the thing is, it's in their best interest to provide more guidance... For if more people created awesome sites with their software, people would look at those sites and say "oh wow... I want that", and their sales would increase.

I would like to see a bunch of working examples. Come on IPS! :)

37 minutes ago, Bluto said:

IMO there really needs to be a dedicated forum here for IP.Content.  It's one of the "hardest to understand" products IP sells and you can just about do anything with it.  Members can't find information without knowing what they're looking for (search) and there isn't a ton of examples of things to create with it in the wild yet.  @Lindy @Charles @Matt

I would even say as well IP. Nexus 4.0 as well.

9 minutes ago, openfire said:

This is one of my biggest issues with IPS. I have no idea where to start, even tho I know how powerful it is. I feel completely lost. Powerless. lol

And the thing is, it's in their best interest to provide more guidance... For if more people created awesome sites with their software, people would look at those sites and say "oh wow... I want that", and their sales would increase.

I would like to see a bunch of working examples. Come on IPS! :)

I think you hit the nail on the head Openfire. I would agree with lack of guidance from IPS from the "noobs" to "experts" is big. I have a current open ticket with IP.Nexus 4.0 on this similar subject with being five months after release and even a full version upgrade 4.1 and nil to none of any guides/docs on the this software.

Archived