open link in new window in Menus?

Cosmic

41 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not possible.

well, that's very faeces design, then.

IPB's designers need to get out into the real world and find out how their forums are actually being used. ;)

It's yet another thing which is making me think I need to get away from IPB, where the "we can do it so we will" attitude seems to be taking over from the required thought about 'why' and 'how'.

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I'll try a plugin. It's on my TO DO list, if no one else does it first.

I reckon it would be better if a load of us badgered them to include it. I can't believe it would be major work to include.

I'm going to raise a support ticket, to put it in their faces.

I've not looked but I guess it would be possible to mod the template to add the target='_blank' but that's not really the best way I know. Some js might be better (and probably better for SEO) although it might effect all links.

A plugin as Adriano suggested would be the ideal way I guess...

4 minutes ago, AndyF said:

I've not looked but I guess it would be possible to mod the template to add the target='_blank' but that's not really the best way I know. Some js might be better (and probably better for SEO) although it might effect all links.

A plugin as Adriano suggested would be the ideal way I guess...

I've already had a look at the templates, and it would be a breeze to add.

But I'm not going to. I shouldn't have to hack the code for something so very standard to any basic webpage (let alone a complex system).

Needing a plug-in to correct their design failure at such a basic level is overkill. They should sort it out.

Archived