Can we get the menu to change to show that your sat on a custom url?

Netherlord

Can we get the menu to change to show that your sat on a custom url? like it does with built in ips pages. As apps and custom urls to your own pages dont show that your on them.

For instance if im on my homepage i would like to have it look like this.

yes.thumb.png.ccdea7fad8b12c4cc81e306eae

Instead of this.

Main.thumb.png.2f42f597383cdb5c1186a3589

For me it works on Articles, Activity and Other but Not on Main Forum, Off-Topic Forum or Videos!

Either way i think this would be very important to many people, because having the menu act the same way across the board should be an obvious needed thing.

Support said i should post this in product feedback! So i have :D

Also in some situations text does not bold, change color, and underline with custom links added to the secondary nav bar. For example, if I create a link to a section of my forum such as "General Discussion" the coding for text color, bold, underline and such does not work. It is almost like that code is completely bypassed using custom links. The nav bar (in my opinion) should be uniform and all open links on the nav bar should look the same. 

37 minutes ago, CP said:

Also in some situations text does not bold, change color, and underline with custom links added to the secondary nav bar. For example, if I create a link to a section of my forum such as "General Discussion" the coding for text color, bold, underline and such does not work. It is almost like that code is completely bypassed using custom links. The nav bar (in my opinion) should be uniform and all open links on the nav bar should look the same. 

Agreed. But i can see why they would neglect this in some cases, i mean if your linking to an outside website then the menu does not need to accommodate for those situations but when its an internal link i think the system should recognize that.

For me its going to be important since i only have 2 forums and have bypassed the categories list for them, And something as simple as the menu showing you which forum your currently sat on would please a lot of my users.

As for your issue with bolding on sub menu, i have only one page that does that, and thats the staff list. the secondary nav just vanishes when your on that page.

That happens also. Were thinking about removing the nav bar on my site all together and make our own. It will give us more control of how we want our nav bar to look and function while achieving a uniform look. Not sure if were going to do that, but were discussing it. Were going to work with it and see if we can achieve what we want out of it and if not, were going to build our own. 

22 hours ago, CP said:

That happens also. Were thinking about removing the nav bar on my site all together and make our own. It will give us more control of how we want our nav bar to look and function while achieving a uniform look. Not sure if were going to do that, but were discussing it. Were going to work with it and see if we can achieve what we want out of it and if not, were going to build our own. 

thats one way to do it, But i really love the active effect. I dont think i could do that custom myself.

56 minutes ago, Netherlord said:

thats one way to do it, But i really love the active effect. I dont think i could do that custom myself.

It's not as hard as you think it may be. Talk with RAD he may be able to help you out with it. :thumbsup: I am going to try to avoid building our own if possible just because I like to keep things simple but if I am unable to get a uniform look then we will make our own.

13 hours ago, Netherlord said:

Thanks i'll do that now.

This doesn't seem possible without a dodgy hack that I would not even want to touch ( @Matt any idea? )

This goes in the navBarItems template and will add the class if you you use this anywhere but where it is needed (on the <li> list-item).

@Netherlord FYI "16" is the ID of your homepage

{{if $item->active() OR \IPS\Request::i()->url()->data['path'] == '/' AND $item->id == '16'}} class='ipsNavBar_active' data-active{{endif}}

IPS Javascript removes the active class...

Hopefully Matt can give some insight

On 31/10/2015 03:29:52, VizionDev said:

This doesn't seem possible without a dodgy hack that I would not even want to touch ( @Matt any idea? )

This goes in the navBarItems template and will add the class if you you use this anywhere but where it is needed (on the <li> list-item).

@Netherlord FYI "16" is the ID of your homepage

{{if $item->active() OR \IPS\Request::i()->url()->data['path'] == '/' AND $item->id == '16'}} class='ipsNavBar_active' data-active{{endif}}

IPS Javascript removes the active class...

Hopefully Matt can give some insight

any luck?

Archived