I need a solution to this.

Michael R

Far from an ideal solution but I have always copied from a webpage or Word document into Notepad which strips out all the HTML formatting and just leaves you with plain text.  Then copied from Notepad into my web editor and applied the formatting I wanted.

I have always found this faster to do than pasting directly into the web editor and having to clean up the nasty code that comes with the Word document.

I have probably a couple hundred more pages I need to add to my website of product information and this is how I've been doing it.  I find doing it this way a lot less of a headache than trying to fix the crap HTML code that Word creates which is most likely what is making your editor crap out on you.

58 minutes ago, Michael R said:

I deleted my initial post because I felt I was ranting too much. I'm just frustrated lately with all the little bugs/quirks. Sorry.

You're not the only one who is frustrated.  Pretty sure every IPS client in the world has found something that's given him grief (or worse!) in v4. 

But taking a more a meditative view on it all, I think it's healthy that we express our dissatisfaction and frustration when we can pinpoint the issues and bring them to the forefront.  By sharing the depths of our frustration, we can help IPS discern the issues that are truly important and critical to us on a daily basis for the proper functioning of our communities, and we can channel our passion in a positive manner for IPS.  Are we merely disgruntled about an issue?  Or is it a cluster#$@% that we hate?    The magnitude of our dissatisfaction can help them prioritize what issues are closest to our hearts, which ultimately helps them build better software for us in the future.  

I think a large part of my frustration is I feel like I don't know enough about 4. I know how I did it on 3 and how I would do it on other systems, and get frustrated when I can't do what I want to be able to do either due to a bug/quirk in the software or a lack of functionality. I run/manage my community on the side. This is not my regular gig. I have a full time job that takes up most of my time. So I don't have a lot of spare time to dig in and read everything. My fault I guess. I also have to deal with a community that is way less technical than the average IPS user. So that adds to the level of frustration.

I have worked with other platforms and still believe IPS is the best choice for my community. And I am more than willing to pay for services and new features if it gets my site to where I want it to be. So again, sorry for the rant.

Archived