Convert phpbb to ipb

Makke

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert data from my phpbb forum to my new ipb forum. I'm using the converter provided by IPS. But I have no clue how I can convert it.

In the documentation I read that I have to upload the content of the 'upload' map. But where do I need to upload it to? To which folder? Because when I upload the files and folders, I don't see 'Applications Not Installed' in 'Manage Applications & Modules.'. So I can't install it.

Currently I'm running the IP.Board 3.4.8 version.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Maarten

19 minutes ago, Makke said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert data from my phpbb forum to my new ipb forum. I'm using the converter provided by IPS. But I have no clue how I can convert it.

In the documentation I read that I have to upload the content of the 'upload' map. But where do I need to upload it to? To which folder? Because when I upload the files and folders, I don't see 'Applications Not Installed' in 'Manage Applications & Modules.'. So I can't install it.

Currently I'm running the IP.Board 3.4.8 version.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Maarten

If you still need help, please do not hesitate to pm me :)

Best regards

UKF

On donderdag 22 oktober 2015, UKF_HHA said:

If you still need help, please do not hesitate to pm me :)

Best regards

UKF

Yeah,

I've uploaded everything. I select the 'phpBB 3.0 / 3.1' for IP.Board (I have a phpBB 3.1.5). I've filled in all the database information fields and when I continue, I get the error:

Error

An unexpected error occurred, could not locate conversion ID. Please try again.
Go Back

:unsure:

4 hours ago, Makke said:

Yeah,

I've uploaded everything. I select the 'phpBB 3.0 / 3.1' for IP.Board (I have a phpBB 3.1.5). I've filled in all the database information fields and when I continue, I get the error:

:unsure:

Some of the conversions aren't available like group permissions I think. 

Try to convert phpBB to IPB 3.4.x then from IPB 3.4.x to IPS.

Best regards

UKF

3 minutes ago, Makke said:

I don't think I completely understand you.

You mean that I have to host IP.Board local?

I am little unsure why getting error but if have you have few option one can be submit ticket via client area and detail every step plus error and sure can help or i am happy look at the forum myself but would need PM me directly.

Archived