Problem with CKEditor

Matk

Hello guys, good night. I updated my forum for IPS 4, and the spacing of CKEditor irritated me a lot, because of this I used this tutorial: https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/410419-tutorial-how-to-change-the-double-line-breaks/

The problem is that this measure has caused some problems in the editor. Thus, the media system stopped working and occurs little mistakes with the link system.

The error with the media system is exactly this: https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/421335-youtube-embed-issue/

The link system works properly, but sometimes I put the link in the box and click "OK" and the box is reset and not appear the link.

I've tried editing the CSS, but many old posts are deformed.

Does anyone have any solution to solve these problems? 

Thank you.

The trick is the plugin what i made. At the moment i can't share for you, because the plugin is made only for my specific board where is included many other features what using only my board. I planning to create for everyone, but i have very bad php skills .. anyway, i will try :)

1 hour ago, Afternova said:

The trick is the plugin what i made. At the moment i can't share for you, because the plugin is made only for my specific board where is included many other features what using only my board. I planning to create for everyone, but i have very bad php skills .. anyway, i will try :)

Please, I just need the basics. I'll be grateful if you help me solve my problem. 

I'll be honest here and say that I've no idea what solution you are looking for here....from your opening post, you say you've put in the option to change the behaviour of the enter key in the editor, and that has caused other problems.

Are you seeking assistance with resolving the 'other problems' or with putting in the change in the ckeditor?

The only reason I can come up with for the change causing other problems is that the change has been made wrong, and it is now resulting in javascript errors.

So...please advise us what problem it is that you are trying to resolve.

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I'll be honest here and say that I've no idea what solution you are looking for here....from your opening post, you say you've put in the option to change the behaviour of the enter key in the editor, and that has caused other problems.

Are you seeking assistance with resolving the 'other problems' or with putting in the change in the ckeditor?

The only reason I can come up with for the change causing other problems is that the change has been made wrong, and it is now resulting in javascript errors.

So...please advise us what problem it is that you are trying to resolve.

I want to solve the problems with the media system and link. But I want the spacing is just a line break, instead of creating a new paragraph.

First things first then - the ckeditor change:

yes or no....have you implemented the code change that is outlined in the link from the first post?

If yes, is it working as expected? If not, then post the current content of your config.js file for ckeditor.

If no, then do you require further instructions on how to implement it? (it's an easy to follow guide, but you never know)

Get this sorted first, then we move on to other items.

yes or no....have you implemented the code change that is outlined in the link from the first post?

yes

If yes, is it working as expected? If not, then post the current content of your config.js file for ckeditor.

Yes, but the media system stopped working.

My config.js:

/*
 Copyright (c) 2003-2015, CKSource - Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved.
 For licensing, see LICENSE.md or http://ckeditor.com/license
*/
CKEDITOR.editorConfig=function(a){a.toolbarGroups=[{name:"document",groups:["mode","document","doctools"]},{name:"clipboard",groups:["clipboard","undo"]},{name:"editing",groups:["find","selection","spellchecker"]},{name:"forms"},{name:"basicstyles",groups:["basicstyles","cleanup"]},{name:"paragraph",groups:["list","indent","blocks","align","bidi"]},{name:"links"},{name:"insert"},{name:"styles"},{name:"colors"},{name:"tools"},{name:"others"},{name:"about"}];a.removeButtons="Cut,Copy,Paste,Undo,Redo,Anchor,Underline,Strike,Subscript,Superscript";
a.removeDialogTabs="link:advanced";a.removeFormatTags="b,big,cite,code,del,dfn,em,font,i,ins,kbd,q,s,samp,small,span,strike,strong,sub,sup,tt,u,var,blockquote,pre";a.enterMode=CKEDITOR.ENTER_BR;a.shiftEnterMode=CKEDITOR.ENTER_P};

Ok - so one problem solved by yourself....you've got the ckeditor change implemented, and it's implemented correctly. And I highly doubt this contributed to the 'media system' no longer working, but happy to be surprised.

Now....the media system....what do you mean by this? Do you mean the auto-embedding of links like youtube etc? If so, provide a link to your site plus some test login credentials and then we can login to your site to see what is going on.

6 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Ok - so one problem solved by yourself....you've got the ckeditor change implemented, and it's implemented correctly. And I highly doubt this contributed to the 'media system' no longer working, but happy to be surprised.

Now....the media system....what do you mean by this? Do you mean the auto-embedding of links like youtube etc? If so, provide a link to your site plus some test login credentials and then we can login to your site to see what is going on.

Yes, my problem is with the auto-embedding of videos.
I sent a ticket for invision and they told me that this problem occurs because of change I made in the spacing.

My site: http://www.tibiaking.com
Test forum: http://www.tibiaking.com/forum/forum/12-playground/
Account test: Invision
Pass: test135

24 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Thanks - I see what is going on. Leave it with me and I'll test it out on my local IPS 4.0 and 4.1 installs.

Temporary workaround for you: after you paste a link to a video, press Shift+Enter, then Enter again.

Thank you very much for your attention, you are helping me a lot.

Yep, unfortunately it looks like a conflict between the IPS plugins capturing the enter key (which is the action key for actually initiating the retrieval of the video preview) and CKEDITOR's own hanling of the enter key. Can reproduce it easily in IPS 4.0.13.1, and the workaround I provided above can be used there.

I cannot reproduce this in IPS 4.1 Beta 8 so it looks like that will have to be your target for fixing this on your site.

Options:

1. Continue with the ckeditor config change, and use the workaround to embed videos or...
  2. Revert the change, which will allow videos to embed as before, and then upgrade to 4.1 once it has been released. Then you can utilise the editor option that Afternova referenced earlier in the topic.

6 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Yep, unfortunately it looks like a conflict between the IPS plugins capturing the enter key (which is the action key for actually initiating the retrieval of the video preview) and CKEDITOR's own hanling of the enter key. Can reproduce it easily in IPS 4.0.13.1, and the workaround I provided above can be used there.

I cannot reproduce this in IPS 4.1 Beta 8 so it looks like that will have to be your target for fixing this on your site.

Options:

1. Continue with the ckeditor config change, and use the workaround to embed videos or...
  2. Revert the change, which will allow videos to embed as before, and then upgrade to 4.1 once it has been released. Then you can utilise the editor option that Afternova referenced earlier in the topic.

Okay, apparently I'll have to use this temporary solution. :sad:
But anyway, thank you for your attention again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2015, 1:02:32, Afternova said:

Any update on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived