IPS Cloud Community - Can I update to 4.1 Beta?

As has been stated quite a few times ... Do not update live site with 4.1.0 Beta (there will be no upgrade path to final either)

Do not believe Beta version available for the IPS cloud hosting.

Never a good idea to upgrade any live site with a beta version as could be problems and code likely to change in beta's as well

10 hours ago, steve00 said:

As has been stated quite a few times ... Do not update live site with 4.1.0 Beta (there will be no upgrade path to final either)

Do not believe Beta version available for the IPS cloud hosting.

Never a good idea to upgrade any live site with a beta version as could be problems and code likely to change in beta's as well

Yes I read those notes. What if that live site is purely for demonstration of themes with little to no care about the posts or any other data on that forum, makes this a question worth asking considering I already have 2 IPS4.1 Themes without a location to demonstrate them..........

8 hours ago, Mark H said:

We unfortunately cannot install Beta software on our Hosting.

Once 4.1 is released and supported, then it can be installed.

Thanks for the informed response.

6 hours ago, RADStudios said:

Yes I read those notes. What if that live site is purely for demonstration of themes with little to no care about the posts or any other data on that forum, makes this a question worth asking considering I already have 2 IPS4.1 Themes without a location to demonstrate them..........

Same here .. am upgrading my 4.0.x themes but the coding/css could change with each beta release so showing 'live' may not look to good if you update and everything gets messed up so people visiting the site likely see a messed up theme until you have updated theme to work correctly and likely go elsewhere

Wait until get into final release then go live with themes

Just now, steve00 said:

Same here .. am upgrading my 4.0.x themes but the coding/css could change with each beta release so showing 'live' may not look to good if you update and everything gets messed up so people visiting the site likely see a messed up theme until you have updated theme to work correctly and likely go elsewhere

Wait until get into final release then go live with themes

Yup, it's definitely a commitment lol

Archived