Users 'can' see questions...

Giray

Actually, members can, guests cannot...

So, I want to have a forum (Q&A) in which questions are visible to all but answers not. The problem is that as soon as you turn OFF the "Users can see questions asked by other users?" selection, then 'guests' can no longer see the forum, no matter what permissions are granted. Only registered Members can see the questions. Did I miss something? I'd like 'guests' to see the questions too - obviously not the answers...

Thoughts?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, doesn't work. This is going to sound convoluted but here goes.

If I do it as you say, then members can see others' topics too. In other words, you can't have guests seeing only topics and not being able to start a new topic but having members start topics, see others' topics but not see the posts.

Anyway, I think I have no choice but to keep that forum 'not visible' to guests and they'll see it when they sign in.

I was trying to have/keep my cake and eat it too!

Thanks

I figured out what actually does not work that should.

When the guests CAN see the forum in permissions and 'Users without read permission can open forum?' is on, the guest should be able to see the topics; they can't.

Did I flub?

Archived