How does IPSConnect CrossLogin works?

Ivo Pereira

Hey,

I'm developing an external application appart of IPS. However, I would like to be able to provide instant access to my application (without logins or visual registrations),  according to if the users are already logged-in or not in my forums.

I know this is possible with Single Sign-on (https://community.invisionpower.com/4docs/advanced-usage/development/single-sign-on-sso-r98/) by reading the user session in forum. However I've had some problems with that and I've tried to give a shot to the other option.

However, there are no really pratical examples of using IPSConnect. I've been looking for some built code, just to understand what parameters should I be passing in each call.

Right now, I've done a crossLogin - that's what I tought was equal to reading from the forums session - but it looks like not. At least it does return me to the link I provide, but does not get me any data (like the member's logged-in information). I am not storing passwords, as my system should be totally based on the forums, so what would be the best approach to get this information?

Thanks!

Archived