Registration Groups

EmpireKicking

The default member groups are defined in the conf_global.php file in the root directory of your site. 

'guest_group' => 2,
'member_group' => 3,
'admin_group' => 4,

In this example you would delete the “2” and add whatever ID your “semi New Group” has. 

Thanks, where do I find what Semi New group ID is

ACP → Members → Groups

Hover over the Edit button. The ID will be shown in the URL. 

admin/?app=core&module=members&controller=groups&do=form&id=3

Thanks, It's "11"

One last thing, when I go and edit the members and put them in the right group, under the groups the "Semi new" is not listed?

The default member groups are defined in the conf_global.php file in the root directory of your site. 

'guest_group' => 2,
'member_group' => 3,
'admin_group' => 4,

In this example you would delete the “2” and add whatever ID your “semi New Group” has. 

I did the way you said but it's not what I wanted When I do set guest_group from 2 to 11, it gives them the semi new group and they can post.

what I want to set up, where guest group as currently stays the same. When people join my site they become the members group but what I'm saying that when they join I want them to go to semi new group instead of members group.

Right, sorry, “2” was the wrong number of course. Look for the actual names, e.g. “member_group”. 

s I changed the number for the "member_group" from 4 to 11

that sounds more like it. And once they have made 2 posts under the semi new group then it should automatically promoted them to the next group.

Archived