Support response time?

Asgard Gaming

Hello,

Quick question, how long should I expect to wait for an response from "Tier II Support - IPS4" . I was told that my ticket would be escalated to tier II support and heard nothing since.

Thing is i've got an board converted from phpBB -> IPB3.4 -> upgraded to 4.x.x.x that is not yet complete, its not in PROD hence why I am not tagging my support ticket as critical.
The "expiration date" is kind of passed as the "old" in use forum has now has too much new content not included in the conversion.

Bottom line question, is this normal with days without response from tier II?

NOTE: This is not a complaint.

Tier II is the second tier of support comprised of more experienced techs and developers even pop their heads in sometimes to fix things. Your ticket ending up in Tier II usually means that the guys in General Support have exhausted the list of things they have to check for the issue and have escalated it higher for further investigation.

By it's very nature, Tier II can take a little longer to resolve issues as they have to dig deeper. Logs, code level, etc. It's a harder job but usually they're the guys who fix what the General Support techs cannot.

If for whatever reason, Tier II cannot fix your issue then it goes up to the devs who will do their utmost to get your issue fixed. Have hope. The fact that it's taking time means that they're thoroughly putting the issue through it's paces in order to find a fix. :)

short answer, yes, it can be slower up there. :P

Lately, yes. Support has gotten sluggish. Probably due to too many support requests.

ok, Tier II support?

Tier II is the second tier of support comprised of more experienced techs and developers even pop their heads in sometimes to fix things. Your ticket ending up in Tier II usually means that the guys in General Support have exhausted the list of things they have to check for the issue and have escalated it higher for further investigation.

By it's very nature, Tier II can take a little longer to resolve issues as they have to dig deeper. Logs, code level, etc. It's a harder job but usually they're the guys who fix what the General Support techs cannot.

If for whatever reason, Tier II cannot fix your issue then it goes up to the devs who will do their utmost to get your issue fixed. Have hope. The fact that it's taking time means that they're thoroughly putting the issue through it's paces in order to find a fix. :)

short answer, yes, it can be slower up there. :P

Thing is, they haven't touched my case, and I firstly reported my problem last week by my ticket was never created due to reason I cannot tell so they have had my case since Saturday. And since they haven´t touched the support account they received I know that they are not working on my case. Which dose not bother me but rather rings the bell that going with support to solve my issue is not the right way ATM.

For me its better to just redo all the work and start all over again since the "expiration date" is way passed :)

Thank you guys,

Archived