Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

6 hours ago, jair101 said:

Not sure if anyone asked before, but have you considered integrating it with Rules App? Possible uses:

- automatic tagging/prefixing based on number of replies - similar to the HOT feature, but much more flexible

- automatic tagging/prefixing based on members taking part in the conversation. Lets say "elite topic" for topics where X participants are from Elite group.

- automatic tagging/prefixing based on number of people currently reading a topic. 

Etc. My examples might sound stupid, but I am just try to communicate the idea. Integration with Rules could be very powerful. 

My understanding is Rules already supports adding of tags/prefixes, in which case no further work should be necessary. I could be mistaken. I can't speak to the specific rule examples you've mentioned, those would be on that app rather than mine.

On 09/11/2016 at 5:10 AM, Ryan H. said:

I spent a while exploring it. Found the source of the error, but not a solution that doesn't break AT&P in the process. There's some really bizarre behavior going on with the IPS core here. I reached out to someone about it.

Any news about this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ryan, I'm about to start using the app heavily and wanted to check on this message I got via the Support tool in the ACP:

ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `require_prefix` `require_prefix` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Require a prefix'

ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `show_prefix_in_desc` `show_prefix_in_desc` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Show prefixes on index'

ALTER TABLE `forums_topic_mmod` CHANGE COLUMN `topic_prefix` `topic_prefix` INT NULL DEFAULT -1 COMMENT 'AT&P: Topic prefix'

I'm posting it here because it mentions prefix so just wanted to check if you think it is something to do with the app? I have the option to 'Fix Automatically' but wanted to check first just in case.

On 12/4/2016 at 11:07 AM, Jujuwar said:

(post)

:wub:

On 12/4/2016 at 0:25 PM, Simon Woods said:

When it says delete tags "in bulk" does that include all-at-once? Or does it mean something else?

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to. The app listing description? There's a tag manager tool that allows you to view all tags, from which you can edit or delete all instances of a given tag/prefix at once.

1 minute ago, Ryan H. said:

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to. The app listing description? There's a tag manager tool that allows you to view all tags, from which you can edit or delete all instances of a given tag/prefix at once.

Yep, that's what I thought! I was wondering if there was a "delete all tags at once" option but that seems to be a mechanism that is lacking across IPS4 as a whole.

1 minute ago, Simon Woods said:

Yep, that's what I thought! I was wondering if there was a "delete all tags at once" option but that seems to be a mechanism that is lacking across IPS4 as a whole.

Not directly, no. It could be accomplished with a few manual queries, but that's pretty technical. Otherwise, you'll just be clicking those delete buttons a bunch of times.

(Generally, exposing a 'destroy everything' button doesn't make for good user experience. Somebody, somewhere, is going to click it...)

Edited by Ryan H.
8 hours ago, Jujuwar said:

Hello,

With the new update 4.1.17, I've a problem with this application. It displays an empty tag on every topic I view

Must be a conflict with the new tagging changes... I'll have to investigate. I haven't tried .17 yet. I don't have any immediate solution.

I just installed this application and I'm trying to clean up the tags using the Manage Tags page.  I'm experiencing several issues, however:

• Most of the tags I try to delete are not deleted.
  • Most of the tags I try to edit name are not edited.
  • I have 1441 pages of tags, but only 207 have tags (the remaining are empty, and every time I run the Advanced Tool to add tags to topics, the number of empty pages increases).

Are there any logs where I can check for errors?

I think I found the cause of the first two issues: some special characters are being encoded twice.

For example, the tag @media has a delete URL containing the parameter "tag=%2540media", which won't work, but if change it to "tag=%40media" it already works.

Edited by ptprog
1 hour ago, ptprog said:

I think I found the cause of the first two issues: some special characters are being encoded twice.

For example, the tag @media has a delete URL containing the parameter "tag=%2540media", which won't work, but if change it to "tag=%40media" it already works.

Ah, I've had similar reports from others with spaces going wonky. Be careful with any such tags until that's fixed, particularly with the mass-add tool. I can't give an estimate just now, I'm afraid.

10 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

:mellow: Awesome. I can't imagine how.

I take a look at that and the difference is that when  Advanced Tags & Prefixes is enabled the <span> of prefix contains the template Core > Global > Prefix 

{{if $text}}
	<a href="{url="app=core&module=search&controller=search&tags={$encoded}" seoTemplate="tags"}" title="{lang="find_tagged_content" sprintf="$text"}" class='ipsTag_prefix'><span>{$text}</span></a>
{{endif}}

This template was update in .17, to add the condition {{if $text}}

And when I disable the app, the span doesn't contains this link.

This template is called in Forums > Topics > Topic at line 70

{{if $topic->prefix() OR ( $topic->canEdit() AND $topic::canTag( NULL, $topic->container() ) AND $topic::canPrefix( NULL, $topic->container() ) )}}
	<span {{if !$topic->prefix()}}class='ipsHide'{{endif}} {{if ( $topic->canEdit() AND $topic::canTag( NULL, $topic->container() ) AND $topic::canPrefix( NULL, $topic->container() ) )}}data-editablePrefix{{endif}}>
  		{template="prefix" group="global" app="core" params="$topic->prefix( TRUE ), $topic->prefix()"}
	</span>
{{endif}}

In the prefix template, $text is the second parameter :p 

Hope this will help you!

Any attempt to resync the cache and get proper badges in the topic list results in this error:

SELECT DISTINCT `tag_aai_lookup`, `tag_meta_app`, `tag_meta_area`, `tag_meta_id` FROM `core_tags` ORDER BY `tag_id` ASC LIMIT 0,100
IPS\Db\Exception: Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'support.core_tags.tag_id' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT (3065)
#0 /home/support/public/system/Db/Select.php(346): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\advancedt...', Array)
#1 /home/support/public/system/Db/Select.php(408): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/support/public/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(276): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->rebuild()
#4 /home/support/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/support/public/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(26): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/support/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->execute()
#7 /home/support/public/3uskbvr1xqi24czhwy51/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

It appears someone reported this exact problem before and it seems to be related to MySQL 5.7 almost a year (!) ago. Is there any way to fix it?

3 hours ago, Emsi said:

Any attempt to resync the cache and get proper badges in the topic list results in this error:

SELECT DISTINCT `tag_aai_lookup`, `tag_meta_app`, `tag_meta_area`, `tag_meta_id` FROM `core_tags` ORDER BY `tag_id` ASC LIMIT 0,100
IPS\Db\Exception: Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'support.core_tags.tag_id' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT (3065)
#0 /home/support/public/system/Db/Select.php(346): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\advancedt...', Array)
#1 /home/support/public/system/Db/Select.php(408): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/support/public/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(276): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->rebuild()
#4 /home/support/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/support/public/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(26): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/support/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->execute()
#7 /home/support/public/3uskbvr1xqi24czhwy51/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

It appears someone reported this exact problem before and it seems to be related to MySQL 5.7 almost a year (!) ago. Is there any way to fix it?

What version of AT&P are you running?

For the issue with tags not deleting, is there any fix for that? Or do I hold onto the unwanted tags until a fix can be done?

Also, when tag deletion works I get taken back to the first page of my tags after each deletion. Is it supposed to do that? That is a particularly unfriendly way to do anything in bulk.

Edited by Simon Woods
13 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

For the issue with tags not deleting, is there any fix for that? Or do I hold onto the unwanted tags until a fix can be done?

Also, when tag deletion works I get taken back to the first page of my tags after each deletion. Is it supposed to do that? That is a particularly unfriendly way to do anything in bulk.

No fix available yet.

I'll look at the post-delete/edit redirect, but that's not a bug.

4 minutes ago, Emsi said:

3.1.7 according to the applications list. I just bought and downloaded it from the marketplace yesterday. IPS version is 4.1.17.1.

Okay. I'll have to look and get back to you.