Can you link to one post on a thread?

4themusicman

On 4 the share link on a post seems to only point to a whole page versus that particular post. Any help would be appreciated.

Not the share link on individual posts has a variable for the individual post added:

community.invisionpower.com/topic/416490-can-you-link-to-one-post-on-a-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2558988

Works for me ... just click the share link as seen below (different topic but selected it to show it works)

Can I ask how you did that? When you click the share icon I get a link.  Did you just paste that in the reply box? 

I don't see the share link in Firefox, but I do see if in Chrome.  Does anyone else have this problem?

That's another issue. I have people who can't see come of the icons. chillihead, so it's the adblock that could be blocking it? They actually tried turning that off to no avail.

Can I ask how you did that? When you click the share icon I get a link.  Did you just paste that in the reply box? 

That's another issue. I have people who can't see come of the icons. chillihead, so it's the adblock that could be blocking it? They actually tried turning that off to no avail.

1) Yes, just clicked the 'share' icon and copied/pasted the link that comes up

2) Regards FF then am using that at this moment and the 'share' icon is showing for me

Not the share link on individual posts has a variable for the individual post added:

community.invisionpower.com/topic/416490-can-you-link-to-one-post-on-a-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2558988

Does this link still work when you move (or split) the post into another thread? I don't see the reason to add the thread id/name to post url...

Archived