Videos Support

• 2 weeks later...

I got the blank page while trying to save the settings of the just installed application. 3.1.8. The settings were not saved for all tabs. There is nothing in the server error log or in the IP Suite error log. This is Aviator browser (on Chromium).

123123.jpg

The bug is constant if the creation of the forum topic disabled:

123123.thumb.jpg.73b56f56f9d0c3d47f5a9a1

Note: This setting should be activated to catch the bug ↓

123123.thumb.jpg.44c7edbbce787606ca17a31

Edited by कृष्णा
16 hours ago, कृष्णा said:

I got the blank page while trying to save the settings of the just installed application. 3.1.8. The settings were not saved for all tabs. There is nothing in the server error log or in the IP Suite error log. This is Aviator browser (on Chromium).

Please apply this patch here.

6 hours ago, कृष्णा said:

Automatically created thumbs are to much compressed. Please, provide the code lines were it can be set to 100% quality.

Thumbnail dimensions? The oEmbed feed for Youtube should already provide the "hqdefault" version of the thumbnail.

4 hours ago, कृष्णा said:

I think that the language key is missing in the languages. Or some other bug here.

Thanks, noted for next version.

6 hours ago, Mike John said:

Thumbnail dimensions? The oEmbed feed for Youtube should already provide the "hqdefault" version of the thumbnail.

This is about png quality being to low (with artifacts). The thumbs are being automatically created from the linked Vimeo or Youtube videos. Is there anything in the code that can improve them? I remember the similar situation on the IPB 3.4 versions of this application. I think that png thumbs are created of the ~60% of their normal quality. I do not care about the thumb size but I need the best picture quality.

eba0b7fa978f.jpg

Edited by कृष्णा

If this view of the Features Images block is enabled then there is automatic transition in effect. This is becoming boring if the user clicked to view the video in this block right on the index page. Then the video is playing and the transition is also in effect. Please, make the switcher in ACP to disable/enable the automatic start of the transition. Meanwhile may I have the code lines and how to disable the automatic transition in the Features Images block?

d002cd005df5.jpg

Edited by कृष्णा
13 hours ago, कृष्णा said:

This is about png quality being to low (with artifacts). The thumbs are being automatically created from the linked Vimeo or Youtube videos. Is there anything in the code that can improve them? I remember the similar situation on the IPB 3.4 versions of this application. I think that png thumbs are created of the ~60% of their normal quality. I do not care about the thumb size but I need the best picture quality.

Can you provide a sample Youtube url your using and will check the oEmbed code and see what kind of thumbnail is generating?

5 hours ago, कृष्णा said:

If this view of the Features Images block is enabled then there is automatic transition in effect. This is becoming boring if the user clicked to view the video in this block right on the index page. Then the video is playing and the transition is also in effect. Please, make the switcher in ACP to disable/enable the automatic start of the transition. Meanwhile may I have the code lines and how to disable the automatic transition in the Features Images block?

I haven't tested this yet but I believe if you remove the "data-ipsCarousel-slideshow" code from the featured block that should remove the slideshow affect. I'll need to confirm this when I get home.

7 minutes ago, कृष्णा said:

Are you ajusting the png/jpg compression quality somehow in the php code?

I'm using the internal image creation functions that are included with IPB4. Can you try adjusting the max thumbnail dimensions to 1280 x 720. That's the current thumbnail dimensions that vimeo seems to be producing right now. Then check if the thumbnail quality improves with a new video addition.

Updated to latest version! some notes i need to mention.

- The My Videos button in a category shows videos from other posters! (also it seems to view all videos and since you click on it from the category im wondering if it would be best to show an extra option to filter my videos by category?)

- The My Videos button shows up for those that have never posted a video and then when clicked shows videos by other posters

On 16/3/2016 at 10:55 PM, Netherlord said:

Updated to latest version! some notes i need to mention.

- The My Videos button in a category shows videos from other posters! (also it seems to view all videos and since you click on it from the category im wondering if it would be best to show an extra option to filter my videos by category?)

- The My Videos button shows up for those that have never posted a video and then when clicked shows videos by other posters

Thanks, both logged.

The following language keys are duplicated and because of that can not be translated in the normal way:

total_comments
processing
r__categories

r__categories_manage
r__settings
r__settings_manage
rss_offline
select_category
sort_asc
sort_desc
tags_predefined
tags_predefined_desc
topic_settings
total_comments
total_views
url
comments
subcategories
enable

Please, make all above key unique. Example: videos_total_comments 

General example is on the attached picture below: 

dupl.jpg

Edited by RPG-support

Not sure if I am missing something small, but after upgrading to the latest version I started having a few issues.

When adding a video

Tags Field is non editable

Auto Follow will not turn on

Add Extra Videos? will not turn on

Description Box missing

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this

Capture.PNG

Edited by Circo
1 hour ago, Circo said:

Not sure if I am missing something small, but after upgrading to the latest version I started having a few issues.

I can guess that some files on your server are CHMOD write protected. Try to CHMOD 755 or 777 and upload the xml again. But this is only the idea.

On 21/3/2016 at 0:22 PM, RPG-support said:

The following language keys are duplicated and because of that can not be translated in the normal way:

Thanks, all noted for next release.

7 hours ago, Circo said:

Can you try a hard refresh of your browser? e.g. Ctrl + F5. It looks like it's not loading the javascript portion of IPB. Do you notice this in the new topic area as well?

20 hours ago, Mike John said:

Can you try a hard refresh of your browser? e.g. Ctrl + F5. It looks like it's not loading the javascript portion of IPB. Do you notice this in the new topic area as well?

Start a new topic is working fine.  The rest of the site seems ok.  Two of my video submitters reported it to me yesterday after I upgraded to the latest version.  It was working fine before.  I did notice that if you post the video when you go back in to edit those options will work.  But for some reason none of them work in the submission screen.

I tried the hard reset and clearing history, cookies, etc.  No change.