Videos Support

On 23/10/2015 10:22:14, Ilya Kirilenko said:

Prompt please, what that setting might not notice.
I put a limit on the width of the media in a forum post, as full-screen video, hinder reading. And this limitation raspostranen on video in an application. Now they're little. Is it possible to remove this restriction only for the application?

Please advice the exact setting you changed and I will take a look if anything is possible.

9 hours ago, xtech said:

For some reason, i cannot get Dailymotion videos to work.

But i still get the error " Problem generating embed code. "

Just tried without issue, both embed and thumbnail generates fine. I'm going to need ftp/acp login details to troubleshoot this on your end as can't reproduce this.

On 14/11/2015, 2:09:28, Durango said:

We are still on IPB 4.0 and didnt upgrade anything, it was working till yesterday, but today always got this error message

oEmbed is used to generate both the embed code and thumbnail so maybe possible downtime for Youtube's oEmbed service or your server not being able to access for some reason. If it still happens again tomorrow, I'll need ftp/acp login details to troubleshoot this further and see if it's masking some kind of error when connecting to oEmbed.

On 19/11/2015, 10:01:56, Ilya Kirilenko said:

One more question. Tell me please, is intended to support online broadcasts with Twitch, hitbox and other services? To mark was Live or offline + chat built from the service when he online

I used the internal IPB4 embed template to generate my Youtube embed, so any setting you have for video embeds would apply within topics as well as videos.

If the service supports oEmbed than it will auto embed the live streams but no tracking of live sites is included. I've had this one suggested to me already here but not very likely until next year now. I'm still working through bug fixes.

• 3 weeks later...

@Mike John

Would it be possible for me to make the video dimensions full width without changing my forum max settings. Reason being. in forum posts videos should be small. But in the video app i think since the focus is on the video it should be filling the space it is given. As it is i get white space down one side.

Could you provide me some advice to achieve this?

11 hours ago, Netherlord said:

Could you provide me some advice to achieve this?

The embed template is handled by IPB and cached in the database, so the best option would probably to remove any video limitation on display. Open theme editor > videos > front > global > video

Find:

{$video->embed|raw}

Add ABOVE:

{{$video->embed = str_replace('ipsEmbeddedVideo_limited', '', $video->embed );}}

See how that goes.

7 hours ago, Mike John said:

The embed template is handled by IPB and cached in the database, so the best option would probably to remove any video limitation on display. Open theme editor > videos > front > global > video

Find:

{$video->embed|raw}

Add ABOVE:

{{$video->embed = str_replace('ipsEmbeddedVideo_limited', '', $video->embed );}}

See how that goes.

thanks that seems to work great. Might i suggest this edit be added to the plugin on a toggle setting? might be useful for others.

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

Currently looking into this now. Are you using v4.1.5.2 by the way?

I am yes.

The setting seems to be on currently. But i dont know how. At the time i hit to turn it on I got the error. Tried again. Same error. Refreshed. and it was shown as toggled off. I exited and went back to check and make sure an hour later and it was still off. But its somehow now switched on. So i have no idea about this.

On 14/12/2015 at 7:32 PM, Netherlord said:

I am yes.

The setting seems to be on currently. But i dont know how. At the time i hit to turn it on I got the error. Tried again. Same error. Refreshed. and it was shown as toggled off. I exited and went back to check and make sure an hour later and it was still off. But its somehow now switched on. So i have no idea about this.

Sorry just to be clear, the error is on the settings page nor in the front end? I've gotten a few reports of this but can't seem to reproduce this yet. I'll either need acp access or a complete set of screenshots of your video settings.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that in my forums... If i go to the sort by options i for some reason get the option to sort my video title? im guessing this is a bug since it does nothing in a forum?

And if im using a custom database i get the video title and an extra views sort option.

Edited by Netherlord