Videos Support

13 hours ago, Netherlord said:

I noticed that in my forums... If i go to the sort by options i for some reason get the option to sort my video title? im guessing this is a bug since it does nothing in a forum?

I'm sorry but where exactly are the sort options changed or not working? I assume you mean it's overriding it somewhere with "Video Title" instead of what ever it's suppose to be?

3 hours ago, Mike John said:

I'm sorry but where exactly are the sort options changed or not working? I assume you mean it's overriding it somewhere with "Video Title" instead of what ever it's suppose to be?

Oh i basically see the sort options for video app in area's they should not be! I can sort by video title in any of my forums. But obviously they are not videos! so it does nothing! And in a custom database of mine i have 2 sort by views instead of 1 as well as the video title sort option.

It does not seem to be overriding anything. Just seems to be adding extra sort options.

Edited by Netherlord
20 hours ago, superj707 said:

If I already have a video forum with lots of video threads.. will I be able to convert the forum into this format using this plugin?

Just how many topics are we taking about? I had a "post as video" option in the IPB 3.4 version that allows members to extract a media url from a post and add it into the Videos app. I could look at re-adding this in the next few versions if you don't mind going through each topic/post 1 at a time. I like the idea of some kind of importer but would probably be something I'd look at in the medium to long term.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2016 at 3:28 PM, President Evil said:

im using IPB 4.1.7, Videos 3.1.7

after posting a comment on the videos page people get this error: 7fb3bd72af267a379f6065556e91d93b.png

if you go back to the video's page the comment shows up regardless

I'm getting this error as well, and I will give you board access if you need it. I will send log in details shortly in a PM.

@Mike John

Pleeeaaase can you make the categories show the videos contained inside it. I really want to use this application but it's fundamentally flawed in this respect.

My users (when given the link as its not visible on the front end) keep saying "It says there are no videos, even though it says "X" amount next to the category. And I have to explain to every one that they need to click on the sub category to see the videos. It's really not very good functionality, especially for the price..

Paul.

On 12/2/2016 at 0:58 AM, Michael R said:

After upgrading (3.1.8) I am getting this when members add videos.

Are these media urls or uploads? If the later, I'm going to need a sample video to test myself.

On 12/2/2016 at 0:59 AM, Heyhoe said:

Pleeeaaase can you make the categories show the videos contained inside it. I really want to use this application but it's fundamentally flawed in this respect.

This is not directed at you personally Paul but in general. Can you guys please ask for support before leaving poor reviews. At least give me to the chance to address an issue first.

I believe this should be possible but wouldn't mind testing it a bit more before hand. If your board is available for that, please PM me.

43 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Are these media urls or uploads? If the later, I'm going to need a sample video to test myself.

This is not directed at you personally Paul but in general. Can you guys please ask for support before leaving poor reviews. At least give me to the chance to address an issue first.

I believe this should be possible but wouldn't mind testing it a bit more before hand. If your board is available for that, please PM me.

URL.

Just let me know know how I can help! :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dmacleo said:

did I see in earlier post (cannot find now grr) that you were going to add ability to define media tags like in 3.4.x series board?

Flagged for a future version but still might be some months off. How many media sites are we talking about? Any of them contain oEmbed support? Custom oEmbed sites can be added.

looking at this right now

which would (I think) help wit the tags issue but I am also needing to find a way to replace the IP Content media system Marcher built and am closely looking at this also.

right now getting ability to create a media tag on the fly (so to speak) is first priority. right now its just one site but there are others like cspan and related I would need ot do too.

10 hours ago, Dmacleo said:

right now getting ability to create a media tag on the fly (so to speak) is first priority. right now its just one site but there are others like cspan and related I would need ot do too.

I don't have access to this app to know if it would work but if you do happen to purchase, I could setup a demo board for you to check it's integration with the Videos app.

Edited by Mike John
16 hours ago, Mike John said:

I don't have access to this app to know if it would work but if you do happen to purchase, I could setup a demo board for you to check it's integration with the Videos app.

ok I did purchase it and am experimenting with it. will pm you in day or so to check it.

Hi Mike

Hope you're doing fine ;)

I come with something that all our members are asking for

i think we already talked about it some time ago

On a video page, it would be really nice to have a block with X last videos of the SAME category

like that :

The video

Videos from same category (possibility to rename title of this block and XX numbers of videos to show)

actually it would be the same that the existing videos feed widget, but it would have to be the same category as the video viewed on the page

This new widget could be called "Related Videos" or "Same category Videos"

This would be really great ! :)

Have a nice day,

++