Not sure if it's a bug, but if it's not then it's really weird.

If search is enabled you'll only find videos when using the search function and it won't find anything else on the forum (like topics).

I thought it would include videos in the default search result if there were a video that matched the search criteria, instead of only displaying results for videos.

It's not a bug, it only searchs videos. Turn it off if your site has blogs, gallery, downloads,...

:( it did it again, even after a fresh install of 4.0.10.1

When installed this application somehow kills Chat, it doesn't pop out anymore nor does it show the counter of how many users in chat.

I need a fix for this, it's why I held off with installing videobox and chatbox as last (chatbox app not installed atm).

I don't have chatbox installed right now, because I wanted to pinpoint which application was causing the problems with my build-in Chat.

Somehow Videobox is doing something to the build-in chat, it doesn't pop-out or show users in the chat room in the navbar.

I don't have chatbox installed right now, because I wanted to pinpoint which application was causing the problems with my build-in Chat.

Somehow Videobox is doing something to the build-in chat, it doesn't pop-out or show users in the chat room in the navbar.

Yes, it's a small bug, I fixed for you.

chatfix.thumb.jpg.3ba558d594c69dc21c4f80

Haha you're awesome !

I was afraid that you wouldn't be able to find it, so happy =)

Can you tell me what you changed (in case it happens in the future)?

That's is due to the old template bit of old IPS versions. I will apply this fix in the next version of Videobox.

In Themes -> Videobox -> Global -> Menu

Find

{{if !in_array('ipsLayout_minimal', \IPS\Output::i()->bodyClasses )}}
			{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->show_home_link}}
				<li data-role='navItem'><a href='{setting="home_url"}'>{lang="home_name_value"}</a></li>
			{{endif}}
			{{foreach \IPS\Application::allExtensions( 'core', 'FrontNavigation' ) as $id => $nav}}
				{{if $nav->canView()}}
					<li data-role='navItem'>
						<a id="elNavigation_app_{expression="strtok( $id, '_')"}" href='{$nav->link()}' {{if $nav->active()}}class='active'{{endif}} {{if $children = $nav->children()}}data-ipsMenu{{endif}}>
							{$nav->title()}
							{{if $children}}
								&nbsp;<i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i>
							{{endif}}
						</a>
						{{if $children}}
							<ul id="elNavigation_app_{expression="strtok( $id, '_')"}_menu" class="ipsMenu ipsMenu_auto ipsHide">
								{template="navBarChildren" app="core" group="global" params="$children"}
							</ul>
						{{endif}}
					</li>
				{{endif}}
			{{endforeach}}
		{{endif}}

Replace by

{{if !in_array('ipsLayout_minimal', \IPS\Output::i()->bodyClasses )}}
			{{$extensions = ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->isrtl ) ? array_reverse( \IPS\Application::allExtensions( 'core', 'FrontNavigation' ) ) : \IPS\Application::allExtensions( 'core', 'FrontNavigation' );}}
			{{foreach $extensions as $id => $nav}}
				{{if $nav->canView()}}
					{{$tabId = uniqid();}}
					<li data-role='navItem'>
						<a id="elNavigation_app_{expression="strtok( $id, '_')"}_{$tabId}" href='{$nav->link()}' class='elNavigation_app_{$id}{{if $nav->active()}} ipsNavActive{{endif}}' {{if $children = $nav->children()}}data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-activeClass='ipsNavActive_menu'{{endif}}>
							{$nav->title()}
							{{if $children}}
								&nbsp;<i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i>
							{{endif}}
						</a>
						{{if $children}}
							<ul id="elNavigation_app_{expression="strtok( $id, '_')"}_{$tabId}_menu" class="ipsMenu ipsMenu_auto ipsHide">
								{template="navBarChildren" app="core" group="global" params="$children"}
							</ul>
						{{endif}}
					</li>
				{{endif}}
			{{endforeach}}
		{{endif}}

Save

Hi, how to make the thumbail whole instead of just it cut down to the left part ot the upper part. Sorry if you don't understand me :(

Hidden Content

I haven't found a solution to crop image in center yet. You should change the thumbnail size so it can match the ratio. Eg if you use image 720 x 405, you should set thumbnail size is 250 x 141 (horizontal rectangular).

I haven't found a solution to crop image in center yet. You should change the thumbnail size so it can match the ratio. Eg if you use image 720 x 405, you should set thumbnail size is 250 x 141 (horizontal rectangular).

In CSS one way is to set a background position to center/center like

background-position: center center;

For later browser support maybe background-size ("cover" to crop while "contain" to keep aspect ratio within container dimensions), and "object" properties, but I don't recommend using those just yet since they're not widely a standard.

In CSS one way is to set a background position to center/center like

background-position: center center;

For later browser support maybe background-size ("cover" to crop while "contain" to keep aspect ratio within container dimensions), and "object" properties, but I don't recommend using those just yet since they're not widely a standard.

Is that custom CSS? isn't there more to that snippet like { at the end or something in front of background?

And wouldn't that affect other part of the theme if it's custom css?

Hi, how to make the thumbail whole instead of just it cut down to the left part ot the upper part. Sorry if you don't understand me :(

Hidden Content

There are preview images and featured images, for preview I re-scale the images in GIMP at 600 x 748 (width x height).

For featured images I use 1277x 498 (width x height), I got those dimensions from the demo site, didn't bother to try other dimensions.

Edited by Arai

Is that custom CSS? isn't there more to that snippet like { at the end or something in front of background?

And wouldn't that affect other part of the theme if it's custom css?

It's just an example to show the property and value. :lol:

Edited by GrooveOnBeat

If we use the in-house video player, and say it's a video from YouTube, does the view count on YouTube go up when we watch videos?

yes

This is probably an IPS issue, it only happens when trying to edit some older videos.

Any information on this? Not every video gives the error (I've tried on default and custom theme).

jgGFmW2.png

please send me 2 files /uploads/logs/latest.php and latest_sql.php or give me acp access so I can take a look.

Bug?

Something in the code is preventing "videoInfo" template to be saved. *Even if I don't touch the template at all and click "save" it won't.

If I remove the entire code it can be saved. If I remove roughly the latter half of the code it can be saved. Revert works.

No, I didn't prevent. Maybe the bug with your site. Try to edit other to test.