windows support ?

sound

a couple of posts have said that invision no longer offer support for windows installations of the software

can you please let me know if this is correct

if so then I obviously do need to consider future plans

also if so can you let me know when and where this was announced ?

thanks

• Management

The Suite still works on Windows servers and many clients have no problems.

When we say we do not offer Windows server support it's simply a matter of our staff and systems have no experience with Windows servers. Therefore the assistance we can offer is limited. Obviously nearly all clients use a Linux variant to host our software.

There was a Topic a short time ago - i am unable to find it right now.

It was discussed, that it's hard for the supportstaff to Support Windows Servers, because most People run Linux-Servers with Apache, PHP and MySQL. So some Clients told, they always get "This is a serverissue", if they contact IPS-Support.

I don't know, if this is true - but they did not annouce or told us, they do not Support Windows anymore. I am a techadmin of a IPS4-Suite hosted on Windows and have a testinstall on Windows2012 R2 and it's working. Of course, you have to do some stuff, because they use htaccess and all the Linux-things - but you are free to use Apache on a windows-Server or create a web.config for IIS based on the httaccess-files. You also Need to know the permissionseetings on Windows and be sure, PHP is Setup correctly - and you are good to go :)

I think they will not drop the ability to run IPS4 on Windows, perhaps Limit Support for Windowssystems.

• Management

Like Charles mentioned, they limit Support on Windows, but IPS4 is running on a well configured WAMP-Environment - and also with IIS :)

​Yes as TheSonic points out it will run fine on Windows... we just don't know what to tell you when Windows doesn't work right :) 

Archived